• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: WEST/CENTRAL HOUSTON DUAL-SPORT MEET UP

Okay, rider friends. My6 and I are stuck on I-10 mile marker 587 headed back to Houston. Just replaced two tires on moto trailer and now it appears the axle is bent. All of the places we looked up in the area are closed. If you know of a trailer parts/service provider place that is still open, please let us know.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I wouldn't let a bent axle stop me

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Darn. If you have to leave it somewhere I have a trailer that can swallow it whole and haul it back to be repaired in Htown. Can't head your way right now. Still out of state. I can rescue it later in the week if needed.

How would you all feel about Guadalajara this Wednesday. We are coming in from out of state and TexMex starved. Not sure if we are out of sync with Wednesdays but it plan to go to Guadalajara. Plus we have the bonus of our friend and fellow rider Mary coming in from the Bahamas. Would love for her to meet the TWT Westside Gang.

We can do that next Wednesday. ?

Okay, rider friends. My6 and I are stuck on I-10 mile marker 587 headed back to Houston. Just replaced two tires on moto trailer and now it appears the axle is bent. All of the places we looked up in the area are closed. If you know of a trailer parts/service provider place that is still open, please let us know.

Not sure If I located you in the right place, but there is a Tractor Supply 8 miles from the location I believe you are, they sale axle and close in 30 min.
5705 Mt Olive Rd, Adkins, TX 78101
(210) 649-1631

If you are in the intersection of I-10 and Charles William Anderson Loop TX1604

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/29....f25bf2bc04!2m2!1d-98.2512169!2d29.3677945!3e0

Last edited:
Darn. If you have to leave it somewhere I have a trailer that can swallow it whole and haul it back to be repaired in Htown. Can't head your way right now. Still out of state. I can rescue it later in the week if needed.
Thanks Donny. It depends if we're able to find an axle for tomorrow. But we'll keep it in mind.

Not sure If I located you in the right place, but there is a Tractor Supply 8 miles from the location I believe you are, they sale axle and close in 30 min.
5705 Mt Olive Rd, Adkins, TX 78101
(210) 649-1631

If you are in the intersection of I-10 and Charles William Anderson Loop TX1604

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/29....f25bf2bc04!2m2!1d-98.2512169!2d29.3677945!3e0
Oscar thanks for the info. We will slowly creep down there in the morning and see what we can do. Does anyone know if they do installations? I left 99.9% of my garage in Houston.:doh:

Tractor Supply doesn't do installs. I did a Google search for trailer repair San Antonio and there are a few close to you. You might have to source the parts at Tractor supply and find a shop to install.

5A350AD3-ED7E-4631-BBA8-C1B22BFAEDB4_zpsm63tgmq1.png

It should not take much to install. A jack, 3/4 wrench for u-bolts, lug wrench for wheels. It might be cheaper to buy the few tools at TSC along with the axle.

I wouldn't let a bent axle stop me

Stop us? Noooooooooooooooooo. Slow us down? Yesssssss. Gonna go to Tractor Supply and get what we need in the morning to fix this thing for good. Gonna try and find a shade tree close by and what I brought with me ( bear skins and stone knives) to pull the axle and put the new one on.

Well when I saw this I told David to tell yall to bring it to me I would have had yall heading home tonight . Would have called you myself but I remember way back when you didnt want me to have your phone number for some reason :giveup: From where yall where it was only an hour more to my place.

Don't see any pm's from you . ????

Well my 6 did you get it taken care of or did you limp it home

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Neither. Killed another vacation day, had to overnight at Super 8 Motel (yuck), bought axle and leaf springs, repair place is backed up for two days. If we can't get it put on somewhere or manage to do it ourselves, we will wait for JMZ to get off work at 4:30pm so we can do the repairs at his house.

We were on our way to Gonzales to wait for JMZ to get off work. Had a blow out on the truck. Just bought two new tires for the trailer on this trip. An angel of a man (works at tire shop) stopped and immediately started to help. Turns out our truck is missing the crank for the spare tire removal. So he took the tire off and put a used one on he rim and said to follow him to the shop and he could our spare out and switch it. Would not accept money. We're going to force it on him. He gave us directions to his shop and took off. We took off and a few yards down the road, the bent axle cause the wheel to rub on the inside fender, heat up and start smoking. We're now taking my bike off to lessen the load. Dave is riding Hans following me driving the truck and trailer. Stay tuned for more exciting adventures...!!

No more Adventures for you. If you're with JMZ you're in good hands and will be rolling on your way home very soon. Heck you probably didn't even need to buy that new axle he could have cut it welded it and straightened it good as new.

_

No more Adventures for you. If you're with JMZ you're in good hands and will be rolling on your way home very soon. Heck you probably didn't even need to buy that new axle he could have cut it welded it and straightened it good as new.

_

That is what is getting ready to happen. Just got off the phone with JMZ. New axle can be returned to TSC.

Last edited:

_
JMZ fixed it for us. He's great! Had fun hanging out and talking with him. On the road home now (10:34pm).

How would you all feel about Guadalajara this Wednesday. We are coming in from out of state and TexMex starved. Not sure if we are out of sync with Wednesdays but it plan to go to Guadalajara. Plus we have the bonus of our friend and fellow rider Mary coming in from the Bahamas. Would love for her to meet the TWT Westside Gang.
What's the status on tonight? Are you going to be in town in time for a Meet-up at Guadalajara's?

There will not be a Meet-up tonight. We will meet again next Wednesday, July 6th.

Have a Happy and Safe 4th of July everyone!

Travel Diva :flip:

Back