• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Need route suggestions

Goat10

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Vance
I work midnights as a LEO so I don't have much time to ride during the day. I commute 21 miles each way on slab and am jonesing for some curves. Any suggestions for 2 hr max rides from the intersection of Evans and Bulverde Roads. I haven't enough time in the 2 years here to find the better roads around here, close.

Any suggestion is a good one!! :-P

Head towards Canyon Lake / Wimberly. Stay off highways and stick to FM and paved CR roads

Go north on 281 to FM 473, take 473 west to FM 1376. Go north on 1376 to FM 1888. Take 1888 east to FM 1623 and follow 1623 through Blanco to FM 165. FM 1623 actually ends at 281, but follow Chandler street to 165. Take 165 east to FM 2325 and follow 2325 to Fischer Store Road. Take Fischer Store Road south to FM 32 and follow FM 32 west until it intersects with FM 473. Follow 473 west to 281 and home.

This should be about 2 hours and give you plenty of exercise.

If I wasn't dealing with a bout of pneumonia I'd go with you.

Heck, just take Hwy 16 north from 410 toward Bandera. Once you're out of city traffic, it's a nicely paved road with pleasant curves. From Bandera, if you have a little extra time, pick any direction and go.

Heck, just take Hwy 16 north from 410 toward Bandera. Once you're out of city traffic, it's a nicely paved road with pleasant curves. From Bandera, if you have a little extra time, pick any direction and go.

He put a two hour time limit on it--Bandera is almost an hour from his starting intersection.

Go north on 281 to FM 473, take 473 west to FM 1376. Go north on 1376 to FM 1888. Take 1888 east to FM 1623 and follow 1623 through Blanco to FM 165. FM 1623 actually ends at 281, but follow Chandler street to 165. Take 165 east to FM 2325 and follow 2325 to Fischer Store Road. Take Fischer Store Road south to FM 32 and follow FM 32 west until it intersects with FM 473. Follow 473 west to 281 and home.

Dennis made a good choice and these are the same roads I took you on a couple of years ago right after you got here
Hope you have been well

Been pretty good Bud, working too **** much!! I remember those roads now were pretty cool, gonna try to get out this week. :rider:

Dennis, I hope you are getting better and will keep you and yours in my prayers. Take care!

Been pretty good Bud, working too **** much!! I remember those roads now were pretty cool, gonna try to get out this week. :rider:

Good to hear you are still around, we lost touch when you changed careers we will have to ride again soon.

I actually had a chance to get out yesterday morning and ride this route, great fun! Super roads all to myself and some really good twisties. Fischer Store Rd. took me by surprise, those are some tight turns! :eek2:

Thanks for the suggestions and I will be out on this again, especially Fischer Store Rd. :trust:

I actually had a chance to get out yesterday morning and ride this route, great fun! Super roads all to myself and some really good twisties. Fischer Store Rd. took me by surprise, those are some tight turns! :eek2:

Thanks for the suggestions and I will be out on this again, especially Fischer Store Rd. :trust:

I'm doing much better, thanks.

Glad you liked the road, if you liked Fischer Store road, then you'll like Kendalia road too. In Blanco, take the road that leads to Blanco State Park, but go past the park entrance. Turn right on Fulcher street and Kendalia Road is the first left and goes across the river. It'll take you to FM 473 west of Kendalia, but you can turn left onto Crabapple road which will take you right into Kendalia.

You can also take a right on Crabapple road and go back to FM 1888. Its a fun road too.

Nope, next road west, south from Kendalia. It might be Edge Falls rd.

That's a good road, it goes from Kedalia to 3351 just below the Guadalupe river. Its twisty and has good pavement with only a cattle guard or two.

Clarification, Edge Falls road is paved, I'm not sure Acker road is paved it's entire length.

Not only is Acker road not paved all the way, it has a closed gate across it a few miles from Edge Falls road.

Is there a trespassing sign?

If there isn't is the road maintained the same on both sides of gate?

That's my Q as to whether it is still a Public road.

Back