• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from West Texas!

Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Gibbs
Been reading the site for a few weeks. Thought I'd post. If your ever out here in Coahoma/Big Spring area and see an OD green KLR runnin around, thats me.

Daniel

Welcome to the board Daniel. I don't live in Big Spring but my oldest brother and parents do. My brother and his wife both recently retired from teaching in Cohoma. I get that way a few times a year and will watch for that green KLR (if I can figure out what one looks like). :mrgreen:

Annnnnny way, if you happen to see a graphite R1100RT or two-toned blue R1200C that don't look terribly familiar (as in not local), that'd be me visiting the family. :rider:

If you ever plan on riding down to San Angelo send me a pm. On the the weekends Im usually at Twin Buttes playing around on my DR. :rider:

Thought that name was familiar.....

Welcome to the board! It's been a while but have run into you over at KLR650.net.

Cruisin,
All KLRs look different just like their masters.lol
Heres my killer:

klrhill.jpg

rugerp_89,
Cool, I'll hollar at ya.

dfwscotty,
yup, I remember. Nice ta see ya again.

Tourmeister, tx-vfr,

Thanks.

Daniel

Okay, fess up. Did you ride up the side of the hill facing us in the photo or come around from a different angle?

Only way my beemers would be near that hill is if there is pavement around the bottom or on top. A friend of mine at work has one of them critters; loves it too.

Tourmeister said:
Okay, fess up. Did you ride up the side of the hill facing us in the photo or come around from a different angle?

Yeah, I rode up it. You can see the tracks in the picture there.
A few years ago I sold my street legal XR650 and only had a KX250 and a few other older off road bikes to play on. I started to go through DS withdrawls and bought the KLR last year. When I saw it I thought it was just a big dirt bike with blinkers like the XR so I ride it in the same places I took the KX and XR. I've recently been told that that was not what a KLR was made for. Well, don't tell my KLR that. I ride it like a dirt bike off road and like a street bike on road, and it does pretty good at both.

That little hill there is on the edge of a cotton field next to my property. It provided a good launch point for the KX, and the soft sand in the field helped with crash landings.:-). Needless to say, the KLR doesn't do that so well.:mrgreen:

Daniel

Back