• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Aggieland

Reaction score
hank3.jpg

Stumbled into TWT from Adventure Rider. Presently I'm riding a Harley-Davidson Heritage. My first Harley, love the old school look. I'm more of a tour rider and so far have logged over 26,000 miles on it since February 2006. I grew up on Kawasakis, my favorite being a Z1 I used to ride through the mountains of Arkansas.

z1.jpg

I've developed a bad case of MBS (multible bike syndrome) lately and I'm looking to add another Kawasaki to my garage trying to decide between a KLR 650 or a ZX-6R. It never hurts to have a few more toys in the garage.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Get the KLR :trust: I am totally unbiased :wary:

I'm leaning toward the KLR. I've seen a lot of dirt I'd like to explore. Seems like there are some nice roads in the Sam Houston National Forest...

Lots of dirt between BCS and Huntsville, especially once you get on this side of the Navasota River.

:welcome:

I like your non-denominational approach to bike styles. Right tool for the right job... :sun:

It makes more sense to me...different roads, different bikes...just as long as it is on two-wheels. I'm not your typical Harley rider...most people think I'm a Beemer rider if they see me without my bike...oh yeah...I want one of those too. :-P

Howdy and welcome.
Aggieland sure has grown alot since I last lived there in 89.

Thanks for the welcome. Aggieland is on the verge of getting too big, but it is nice when all the students head home for holidays and summer. It's a good location. I can ride in just about any direction and hit good riding roads for a day of riding.

Welcome! I'm a Triumph man myself, mostly because I can't afford both a Triumph and a Harley....Victory....Ducati......:lol2:

Welcome to TWT.

If you think Aggieland is getting crowded, you should try the west side of Houston. Used to be pasture, farmland and the Prison farm. Now houses are springing up faster than spring time clover.

That said, College Station has grown a lot since I went to school there too. Even turned the area around Northgate into some kind of Tourist attraction. I mean, nobody had to put up a sign to tell us the alley where the Chicken dumped their bottle caps was called "Bottle Cap Alley"....

Welcome! :wave:

The MBS bug has bitten me and I think a DS will be the next edition to my stable.

BTW, thats a purty Harley you got there :drool:

sweet T. My Dad & I restored a TR-250 in the late 70's. It was a hoot to drive.

lastsix said:
I like Triumphs...I've had mine for over 25 years...anything British is cool
Your an animal for keeping this one running. Lovely auto.

1976 which is the model I have...was the last six produced. I've done one ground up on it and I'm in the process of rebuilding parts that I've worn out. It was my daily driver for about 20 years.

The TR250 was a cross-over breed. Brought in the TR6. Too bad you didn't hang on to it...those were cool cars.

Back