• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New guy here!

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi. I am new to this forum. Been around other forums (ADV, AF1, Chain gang) and I am glad to have found a Texas forum for bikers. I'm 35 and I currently ride a VFR and live in North San Antonio. If anyone feels like riding, hit me up!

welcome aboard! :wave:

Plenty of good folks in these here parts.

There's a pie run to Hico next weekend, if you wanna come that'd be a great place to meet a bunch of the folks.

What year's your Viffer and have you found VFRd?

tx-vfr said:
welcome aboard! :wave:

Plenty of good folks in these here parts.

There's a pie run to Hico next weekend, if you wanna come that'd be a great place to meet a bunch of the folks.

What year's your Viffer and have you found VFRd?

Well, this is an '06. This is my second VFR. I had an '01 I had to sell a while back. I'm actually pretty happy with the v-tec one. It's a bit sportier. Yes, I have heard of VFRD and I am part of that forum as well.
Thanks for inviting me. I am going to try to head to San Marcos this coming Monday and I might go to Taylor for the movie.

I sure enjoy my '02. Its waiting on tools for a valve check :(

Its interesting that you like the VTEC over the Geardriven one. most seem to think the non-VTEC's are superior :shrug:

tx-vfr said:
Its interesting that you like the VTEC over the Geardriven one. most seem to think the non-VTEC's are superior :shrug:
The v-tec boost does not bother me (Honda reworked it for 2006) but I can't compare with a pre-2006 model. I hear it can be quite snatchy. I guess I should have said I like the chassis better on the '06. It definitely is sharper. the '01 was a great bike but it was a tad soft. I guess you could say the gear-driven emphasized the touring side of sport-touring where the v-tec is more sport than touring. It really comes down to preferences.
I bought the pearl white and I must say that I get a lot of compliments (especially since it has a black double bubble). I don't think the white was as popular as the pearl black (which is also why I got such a good deal on it!) but let's face it: how many white sportsbikes are on the road? Makes me feel like I'm riding something special. So the VFR it is then. For now. Until the F800GS comes out that is. :trust:

Welcome, always good to have another in the area

There will be a SaMR out of New Braunfels coming up soon
hope you can attend

gore-tx said:
The v-tec boost does not bother me (Honda reworked it for 2006) but I can't compare with a pre-2006 model. I hear it can be quite snatchy. I guess I should have said I like the chassis better on the '06. It definitely is sharper. the '01 was a great bike but it was a tad soft. I guess you could say the gear-driven emphasized the touring side of sport-touring where the v-tec is more sport than touring. It really comes down to preferences.
I bought the pearl white and I must say that I get a lot of compliments (especially since it has a black double bubble). I don't think the white was as popular as the pearl black (which is also why I got such a good deal on it!) but let's face it: how many white sportsbikes are on the road? Makes me feel like I'm riding something special. So the VFR it is then. For now. Until the F800GS comes out that is. :trust:
Gotcha, Mine's an '02 and the VTEC change is noticeable but not a real issue to me. Its smoother if you whack the throttle then if you ease through it. sounds like a good reason to whack it to me! :trust:

The only thing I don't really like about the White '06, is the red accents. I would have preferred black or gray accents. But what would I know, I repainted my red one to WRX blue :sun:

budzrex said:
Welcome, always good to have another in the area

There will be a SaMR out of New Braunfels coming up soon
hope you can attend
New Braunfels! Great place to live. I grew up there.

tx-vfr said:
Gotcha, Mine's an '02 and the VTEC change is noticeable but not a real issue to me. Its smoother if you whack the throttle then if you ease through it. sounds like a good reason to whack it to me! :trust:

The only thing I don't really like about the White '06, is the red accents. I would have preferred black or gray accents. But what would I know, I repainted my red one to WRX blue :sun:
Yes black accents would have been nice but I found a tank pad that is red and black and I must say it really compliments the bike. It now is white with black and red accents. I guess I should try and take a pic and show you what I am talking about...

gore-tx said:
Yes black accents would have been nice but I found a tank pad that is red and black and I must say it really compliments the bike. It now is white with black and red accents. I guess I should try and take a pic and show you what I am talking about...
it sounds like it looks nice! and the bike doesn't exist until we see pics :trust:

Back