• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorcycles Unlimited, Houston, Tx.

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Who:
Motorcycles Unlimited, Inc.
1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, Tx. 77090
281-444-0545
Hartsracing@yahoo.com
Patrick and Suzanne Hart

What:
:tab This is a locally owned shop. They sell used bikes and do some consignment stuff as well. They keep a good stock of popular tires for street bikes. They sell gear and parts at decent prices and are usually willing to meet or beat the prices of other places. If they don't have it, they can get it.

:tab Patrick and his guys do good mechanical work on most any bike. We have taken both of our VFR 800's to him for their 16K service interval checkups and installation and setup of Race Tech springs on the fronts and an Ohlins rear shock on my 01 VFR. I've bought numerous tires and parts from them. I've never had to fix things on the bikes after getting them back from him, unlike the dealerships that seem to cause as many problems as they fix.

:tab I highly recommend these folks.

Where:
Yahoo Map to the Store from I-45 and FM 1960

Adios,

Scott - Do they keep many used bikes in stock? What type of bikes do they typically have?

I hope to be able to get one sometime this spring and it wouldn't be too far to get one there.

Howdy,

:tab At any given time, they are likely to have about 15-20 bikes. They range the whole spectrum from cruisers, sportbikes, dirtbikes, dualsports, tourers, etc,... You'll really just need to call and speak with Patrick.

Adios,

I'll second Scott's opinion. Motorcycles Unlimited has done various odd jobs on my VFR and SV650S, always quick, inexpensive, and most importantly no screwups. I quit using dealers after too many instances of discovering problems they caused that could've been catastrophic.

I got the oil changed today at MU. Friendly, got right to it. Decent price. Checked the bike over and told me what work I needed to have done.

Just got a ramp and Baxley wheel chocks from Patrick. Once again, solid recommendations and price was right. Saved a bunch on the ramp compared to other offerings. Also had a great alternative to Canyon Dancers. CD's did not work well on my R1100S--too much pressure on those expensive little switches.

Thanks Patrick and Suzanne!

Last edited:
Says a lot about a shop that some of y'all come from Huntsville and Clear Lake to get work done. They did my 500-mile checkup on the Ninja and I got it back in better shape than I left it. I'm going back this week for a fork upgrade -- can't wait to see what a different the Race Tech parts will make. :rider:

MU's got fans all over Texas. Patrick shows up at every LSTD event, has tires, rents leathers, gives caliper bolts to idiots who forget to torque theirs down, will set your suspension to your weight for peanuts, he and his crew work their butts off all day, don't even sneer at morons who forget to torque their caliper bolts down. People can be SO STOOPID!

Those Baxley chocks, by the way, are too cool to be true.

I recently carried my forks in to Patrick and crew to have stuffed with Racetech goodies. I was VERY impressed with their knowledge, speed, and friendly service. When I get my new rear shock modified and mounted, I'll be in for sag adjustment. Thanks Patrick!
Kelly

Motorcycles Unlimited
1964 FM-1960 West
Houston, Tx. 77090
ph. 281/444-0545
Patrick or SuzAnne

http://www.motorcycles-unlimited.com/index.html

I recently posted on this site about where to purchase a set of tires and have them mounted for a reasonable price.
I checked several Internet tire sales locations, but I was having trouble finding someone to mount and balance them without scratching up my rims.

Patrick IM'ed me, so I called and got a reasonable price on a set of Michelin Pilot Roads including mounting and balancing. I agreed on the price and asked Patrick to order me a set.
I took my wheels in and Patrick had my tires set aside ready for me. He had one of his mechanics mount and balance the new tires while I waited. I looked around his shop and listened to Patrick and Suzie talking to customers. They both really know motorcycles and accessories, I learned alot just keeping my mouth shut and my ears open.

A short time later my wheels were ready, and scratch free. Patrick assisted in carrying out one wheel. I thanked him and told him that I would be back.

Just might be back for a Ohlins setup someday soon.

Thanks Patrick and SuzAnne of Motorcycles Unlimited, great folks.

Last edited:
Just picked up the ST with a new chain & sprockets via Motorcycles Unlimited. Excellent service, well above and beyond what we had discussed, and sooner than expected, and all at the very fair price he quoted me.

Thanks a ton, Patrick! I've been to several local shops & dealerships for service - from now on, it's going to MU.

Alex needed rear wheel bearings in his bike and was having trouble getting the old bearings out. We ran the wheel and the bearings down to MU to see about getting them done.

Walked in the store and expected to hear one of two things.... "we will do it it but you have to purchase the bearings from us" or "drop off the wheel and we will get to it when we can.". What we were told was, "The wheel will be ready later this afternoon.".

I will be returning there in the future!

I will only use MU. Patrick & his team are top notch and know how to take care of their customers!

Back