• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Baja No Pinch Tool

kubotamiketx

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Morisoli
I am not big on doing reviews, but I had to share that I LOVE the Baja No Pinch Tire Tool

I purchased this before the Big Bend trip, but haven't needed to use it till just now. All I can say is wow, what a fantastic tool. While getting ready for the AR ride I decided to install a new rear tire on the Husky. This isn't the hardest tire to install, but with the Tubeless system it is a bit more of a pain than normal. The No Pinch made installing the tire a breeze, it really is all that they claim it is.

For anybody who does their own tires, check this little baby out. It doesn't help getting tires off the rim, but it sure helps getting them on.

http://www.bajanopinch.com/

I have it and used it. It's very helpful. I have tubeless. Tricky to use at the beginning. With a bead buddy the job get done smoothly.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

I have changed hundreds of tubes and maybe pinched 3 or 4, I cannot justify $150 for a tool that might save me $20 worth of tubes. Looks nice, but I get great results with 3 tyre levers and they only cost $30 for all 3!! Seems very expensive for what it is and you still have to carry tyre levers to get the tyre off!!

Gary

I am right there with you, have been changing tires since I was 9 years old, worked in a motorcycle shop as a mechanic back in the 70's and 80's and did many hundreds.

Then I tried this thing last night and feel in love with it.

Its not about not pinching tubes for me, it was ease of use.

Smarter not harder. I used on very hard tubeless tires and without it i would probably would have taken it to a shop or look fir a real macho. I have only changed two motorcycle tires in my almost half coupon life [emoji12]

Smarter not harder...

Proper technique and it won't be hard. If a tire has to be muscled on that is a sign that you're doing it wrong.

I used the BNPT once. After assembling it with the correct adaptor and adjusting it to my wheel, it did not save me time. I haven't used it again in 2-3 years and approx two dozen tire changes since then. It stays unassembled in the box ready to return to owner.

Too bulky and heavy to pack with you. So tire changes on the road will go back to old school method and you'll be out of practice.

It doesn't remove the tire and it doesn't break the bead so you'll still need tools for that.

And then there is the cost.

It does work well though and is high quality construction.

_

Kind of sorry I started this thread now :(

Tire with the Tubeless setup are a ***** because the area you need to have the tire drop into is already full with two layers of inner and outer tubes. There isn't much room to use proper technique.

But with many things in life I could be completely wrong.

Tire with the Tubeless setup are a ***** because the area you need to have the tire drop into is already full with two layers of inner and outer tubes. There isn't much room to use proper technique.

Don't ever be sorry to post. Always good to hear recommendations and what solutions works for others. But no harm in others posting their different opinion/experience either.

Now that you specifically mention the Tubliss unique problem due to center of rim not available to drop the tire into it makes perfect sense. I've never went Tubliss so didn't know that. Keeping tire in rim center is 80% of technique making tire installs easy.

_

Cool idea. Don't know the proper motorcycle tube protocol. But I do 2-3 bicycle tubes a summer. Most important thing I've learned is to slightly inflate the tube before poking it inside the tire, then add a bit more air before seating the tire. Is that normal procedure on M/C tires also?

Meh. Don't worry. If you like it, that is all that matters ;-) Others might like it as well. I've not used one myself. I have a gene that makes me do everything the hard way :twitch:

Cool idea. Don't know the proper motorcycle tube protocol. But I do 2-3 bicycle tubes a summer. Most important thing I've learned is to slightly inflate the tube before poking it inside the tire, then add a bit more air before seating the tire. Is that normal procedure on M/C tires also?

Some folks do, some don't. I put it in the tire with no air in it. Once I have the stem through the rim and a nut on it so it cannot pull back through, I will add a little air just to give the tire form, but not enough to start stretching the tube. This often helps with preventing any pinching of the tube with a lever when trying to get the tire back over the rim.

Not piling on, but using the Tubliss system makes a tire far easier to drop into the center of the rim, not harder. There is way more room with Tubliss vs. a regular tube. I can almost mount a 21 inch dirt tire completely by hand (no tire irons) with a Tubliss installed.

The tires jump on the rim with Tubliss, when you follow their directions and install the rim completely inside the tire and then lever each side of the tire on one side at a time.

The no pinch tool has been around for a few years, the company basically copied the design of the original manufacturer and then marketed it better. Every time a thread gets started like this, you see all the same responses.

Not piling on, but using the Tubliss system makes a tire far easier to drop into the center of the rim, not harder. There is way more room with Tubliss vs. a regular tube.

I don't see how that is possible... There is basically nothing in the middle with a tube.

Meh, it's a tire tool thread. Would you prefer to discuss best tires? Best oil? Heck, best bike?

It's a cool tool that I've never seen before so I learned something new today. I'm super cheap though so likely not a product for me, and I'm fairly certain that I'm incompetent enough that it'll never work as well as in the youtube video in my hands. :rofl:

I don't see how that is possible... There is basically nothing in the middle with a tube.

Right. Tubes are bulkier than the skinny little Tubliss insert, and most dirt riders use a heavy duty tube or ultra heavy duty tube, which makes it worse. Then, in almost all cases with a regular tube you inflate the tube just enough to hold its shape and then it takes up even more room.

I've converted all my riding buddies to Tubliss and did the installs too plus most of us have two rim sets, so I have done probably a dozen Tubliss installs vs. 100 or probably many more tubes. Tubliss is far easier.

Right. Tubes are bulkier than the skinny little Tubliss insert, and most dirt riders use a heavy duty tube or ultra heavy duty tube, which makes it worse. Then, in almost all cases with a regular tube you inflate the tube just enough to hold its shape and then it takes up even more room.

When I do tires the tire sits directly on the rim in the drop center.. The tube is pushed to the side. It is bulky, but it doesn't sit in the drop center.

I sometimes put a little air in and sometimes not, but never enough to make it hard to push the off side down into the valley. I've pinched my share, but it's not normal.

Not to argue, but it's a tire thread- isn't that what it's for?

When I do tires the tire sits directly on the rim in the drop center.. The tube is pushed to the side. It is bulky, but it doesn't sit in the drop center.

I sometimes put a little air in and sometimes not, but never enough to make it hard to push the off side down into the valley. I've pinched my share, but it's not normal.

Not to argue, but it's a tire thread- isn't that what it's for?

All good. All our opinions are worth the same. :mrgreen: Love me a good tire changing thread, except we highjacked Mike's original intent. Sorry Mike. :lol2:

Back to the no pinch tool, I have one, guess it's alright. But it just doesn't seem to have enough reach for the 21" front, always pops out os the gear part. Am I missing something there?

This tube tire changing subject is hot. Back to the tool. I have shenko 703 and I would like to see somebody changing it with regular bug out tool. You can't tell when the tire is 0 psig just by looking. Hopefully if I have a air leak on the road I can repair it. That tool doesn't do it all and it might not be for all cases but for a rookie like me it was very helpful. I need to do a research about which tool to get for an on road tubeless tire replacement.

...I have shenko 703 and I would like to see somebody changing it with regular bug out tool.

That should be a straight forward tire to change, nothing special about it. If you want a tire that forces proper technique try Heidenau K60 or Mitas Dakar's. 3 ply sidewalls and 5 ply tread. Heavy near run flat mofo's that you can't muscle on. They will force you to refine your technique if installing with standard carry along tools.

need to do a research about which tool to get for an on road tubeless tire replacement.

I think the bigger issue will be having an available replacement tire. Only the RTW riders carry them onboard.

_

I did a rear K60 for my 1200 GS with a Coats tire machine and WOW... that took some grunting!!

That should be a straight forward tire to change, nothing special about it. If you want a tire that forces proper technique try Heidenau K60 or Mitas Dakar's. 3 ply sidewalls and 5 ply tread. Heavy near run flat mofo's that you can't muscle on. They will force you to refine your technique if installing with standard carry along tools.

I think the bigger issue will be having an available replacement tire. Only the RTW riders carry them onboard.

_
I would pay just to see it[emoji1]

Y'all are close enough for this to happen [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

sent with 2 cans and a wire

Back