• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The TENEREacity of STROM-A-THON APR 13-15 2018....ALL KINDS OF BIKES WELCOME

Re: The TENEREacity of STROM-A-THON APR 13-15 2018

From March through May, I have more events coming at me than I can say grace over, and I can't predict the scheduling of most of them. Rather than having to make a last-week cancellation yet again, I'm officially pulling out. If circumstances change, I'll be a last-minute entrant.

I prefer to go to a sit down restaurant and order off the menu. Billy Jeans was perfectly acceptable, I'm sure others are too.

+1

I enjoyed the dinner mingling during the Strom-A-Thong last spring @ Billy Jeans. The food was very good.

RB

From March through May, I have more events coming at me than I can say grace over, and I can't predict the scheduling of most of them. Rather than having to make a last-week cancellation yet again, I'm officially pulling out. If circumstances change, I'll be a last-minute entrant.

Bummer for us if you don't make it, Tim.

Spent part of the afternoon riding part of the route I'm planning for StromAThon (sorry Rod, it'll always be StromAThon to me;-))

Beautiful afternoon and very fun ride. Been a while since I played on these roads with the Wee... I love all my chilluns, but the Wee holds a special place in my heart...

Looking forward to April!

Spent part of the afternoon riding part of the route I'm planning for StromAThon (sorry Rod, it'll always be StromAThon to me;-))

Beautiful afternoon and very fun ride. Been a while since I played on these roads with the Wee... I love all my chilluns, but the Wee holds a special place in my heart...

Looking forward to April!
& thats precisely why the rally still has STROM A THON in the title..... They jus dont give up....(aka Energizer Bunny of bikes)

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

NO ONE HAS EXPRESSED AN INTEREST IN ANY OF THE CABINS.... THEY HAVE BEEN HELD OPEN FOR US UNTIL FEB 1st
But after that...the general public gets em
Better speak up......

SAME ON THE REC ROOM FOR SAT SUPPER...ITS HELD OPEN TILL FEB 1ST....
after that I cant guarantee we'll have access to it.
SPEAK UP ON YOUR SATURDAY SUPPER PREFERENCES
TOMORRO IS THE CUTOFF DATE FOR THE KOA TO HOLD OPEN THE 2 CAMP CABINS & THE DELUXE 2BR CABIN.....
after then the general public will have reservation access to them so I cant guarantee you'll be able to reserve one

SAME GOES FOR THE REC ROOM SATURDAY NITE.... but.. so far it seems like folks prefer going to Billy Gene's for Saturday Supper

Whatchall say??
Call the KOA 830-895-1665

Last edited:

I vote for Billy Gene's.

I'll call Billy Gene's & reserve a room for us on Saturday evening at 6pm if everyone is good ....

I called Hunter House & added 5 more rooms to the blocked list since most of the 10 orig blocked have been reserved by yall already

I'll call Billy Gene's & reserve a room for us on Saturday evening at 6pm if everyone is good ....

I called Hunter House & added 5 more rooms to the blocked list since most of the 10 orig blocked have been reserved by yall already

Sounds Fantastic!!

Billy Gene's Restaurant Hwy27 & Goat Creek Rd
Saturday Supper
Back Room with up to 50 capacity
6:30PM...mention TWT
Full menu.....full folks later

Last edited:

Billy Gene's Restaurant Hwy27 & Goat Creek Rd
Saturday Supper
Back Room with up to 50 capacity
6:30PM...mention TWT
Full menu.....full folks later

I'm in for what ever food ! ! ! ! ! ! :lol2: :eat:

Reservations made at Hunter house. Here's to hopin'

Reservations made at Hunter house. Here's to hopin'
Mary...I moved you & Tim to the Hunter Hse list.....
We have 36 on the list so far....

Gonna be great Springtime ridin.... & the wildflowers should be spectacular
....if the timing is rite

Mary...I moved you & Tim to the Hunter Hse list.....
We have 36 on the list so far....

Gonna be great Springtime ridin.... & the wildflowers should be spectacular
....if the timing is rite

Who took over the KOA? Is Rich's family still running it?

Rod, I'll have a buddy coming over from San Antonio to ride, So update the list to 37 ! ! !

It's official and my time off is approved. I will be there! Glad not to be in SC for this one. Not really sure yet on accommodations. I normally camp it but I will miss the llano park. Have not bee to the koa, how is it? The red strom is down for maint so I will be on the bmw, you sold me on it duchess! I got a f800 just after I got to SC

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It's official and my time off is approved. I will be there! Glad not to be in SC for this one. Not really sure yet on accommodations. I normally camp it but I will miss the llano park. Have not bee to the koa, how is it? The red strom is down for maint so I will be on the bmw, you sold me on it duchess! I got a f800 just after I got to SC

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
<<Have not bee to the koa, how is it?>>

I camped at the KOA last year. Pros: Plenty of flat, grassy ground on which to pitch a tent, clean bath/shower house an easy walk from the tent area, firepit available for a campfire, picnic tables in camping area, cheap camping fee ($5/night), easy access to good riding. Con: is in a developed area and doesn't have the close-to-nature feel sometimes available when camping in a state park. I have no idea whether or how much the "pros" may have changed since RichK's passing. And I've attached two photos from last year at the KOA.
fa4996b3b5fc0bab61871a4aca922fdf.jpg
8963f187f4bb1bbf7081126526839b93.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I camped at the KOA last year. Pros: Plenty of flat, grassy ground on which to pitch a tent, clean bath/shower house an easy walk from the tent area, firepit available for a campfire, picnic tables in camping area, cheap camping fee ($5/night), easy access to good riding. Con: is in a developed area and doesn't have the close-to-nature feel sometimes available when camping in a state park. I have no idea whether or how much the "pros" may have changed since RichK's passing. And I've attached two photos from last year at the KOA.
fa4996b3b5fc0bab61871a4aca922fdf.jpg
8963f187f4bb1bbf7081126526839b93.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Then again....Llano city park wasnt like a State park either.... The KOA is nice... Definately not like Schreiner Park over on the river... But much easier for folks ta come n go daily than Schreiner with the entrance gate & higher fees

Great that youre gonna make this one vfaame

Last edited:
Back