• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

V-Strom owners thread

Is it for sale yet?

Edit: Never mind Rod, I think I see it in the for sale forum.
Yes...you do...
One of the guys at his shop listed it for him here.... Hayseed I think
Its as clean a bike as youll see .... So ..if youre lookin for a nice 2nd gen DL1000 ...Donnies is the one

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
not being funny but is that USD or CAN$$$$? Seems like a good deal overall

not being funny but is that USD or CAN$$$$? Seems like a good deal overall

USD, I am a Canadian who has been here for 20 years.

Actually, sounds a bit low to me. If it's in good shape, grab it.

Looks pretty clean from the pics I have seen. Though it was a little on low side based on what I've seen.

Just looking for something to do commutes and a little backroad adventures.

Just installed a new battery for my sweet Delilah. She is ready for 2018!
4206882337f154065a087bad687dd6b4.jpg

This is parked at the DFW Employee's lot from time to time. I saw it again last week, not sure sure who it belongs to.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 12.36.35 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-31 at 12.36.35 PM.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 275
Not a Strom but possibly my all time favorite hack. Looks ready for business.
9bf0f179f6bf4d8980e53ee98ea430dc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Well I did it. 2012 Wee with 4000 miles now sits in garage. Merry Christmas to me. A few mods including Givi monokey rear, barkbusters and I think an aftermarket horn. Ordered some Shinko 705s and they arrived yesterday (less than 24hrs after order). Bike has a few character marks but nothing you can see at 5 ft. Cant wait to get these 5 yr old trailwings off and go for a ride. Huge difference from my previous sportbikes. Next on the list is a new lid and some suspension mods.

Last edited:
Jason I have a 12 too and the fork brace IMO really helps on highway. Also play with the adjustments to dial it in for you. Tire pressure makes difference too. Congratulations, post a picture.

Jason I have a 12 too and the fork brace IMO really helps on highway. Also play with the adjustments to dial it in for you. Tire pressure makes difference too. Congratulations, post a picture.

Do you want the picture to be upright in the garage or the first time I drop it pushing my limits and those of the bike?:eek2:

...How do you adjust correctly? With level or trial and error? Is the bike straight up and down on a level plane.

Bike/hack tracks pretty well. Lot's of trial and error after reading a lot of online and offline materials. I like how it drives now. I'm working on the tonneau cover right now. Then I will work on the sidecar brake. I'm planning to have the rear brake pedal controlling the sidecar brake and bike's brake lever to control the bike brakes - linked brake setup. Then work on bike's steering and sidecar's suspension.

Anyone running a Rekluse on their Strom?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Back