• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New from Sugar Land / Houston

xylo

Reaction score
Hello all, new guy from Sugar Land / Houston area.

Bikes:
1997 Yamaha FZR600R -> daily commuter. 30k miles
2002 Honda XR400R Motard -> recently popped motor
--Legally plated for use in Texas
--Mikuni pumper carb
--Stage 3 hotcam
--Warp 9 wheels (tubed) with BT-003 shoes
--Ricky Stator & Baja Designs Kit
--Used as a commuter and weekend road track bike. That didn't last long! I treated it just like my Ninja 250. Lesson learned.

I have done some studying and I think it's in my best interest to pick up a used trails XR4 and swap the motor into my motard before selling. I plan to, eventually, replace both bikes with a KTM 690 SMC-R. I loved commuting on the XR4! I also enjoy Volvos and know a little bit about them, though I would consider myself a beginner/amateur mechanic.

If anybody local has an XR4 sitting around that runs, shoot me a PM.

I'm not exactly sure what I read, but I'd love to put some actual (aka non-commuting) miles on my FZR. I'll have to make it up there one weekend. I have a friend who's pretty green, so when I do make the trip, I'll have her tag along on her bike as well.

I have a buddy who flies out to Brenham airport to eat nearly every Sunday. Do you guys ever go there? I see some interesting bikes parked out front when I tag along.

Im only a couple miles from the airport and we eat there occasionally...invite yourself out any weekend...we have some great curvy roads out here in the country...all skill levels welcome...
My wife rides also...she has a Ninja ZX6...

Back