• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Leatt STX Neck Brace

kiko

Reaction score
Do any riders have first hand experience with the new Leatt STX neck brace designed for street/dual sport riding?

Good, bad, or more of the same?

I have to ask how these things work, it just seems that it takes the load from the helmet and distributes it across your shoulders in the event of a spill? There does not seem to be much to a brace, but they seem hellishly expensive for what they are? Have I missed something? It looks like if you were to pile drive head first into the ground, it would help, but if you received a sideways blow to the head it would not seem to help? What am I missing.. I keep looking at them but can't really figure out what they do or why they are so expensive, maybe the cost is due to liability insurance?

Sorry to hijack the thread..

Gary

I have to ask how these things work, it just seems that it takes the load from the helmet and distributes it across your shoulders in the event of a spill? There does not seem to be much to a brace, but they seem hellishly expensive for what they are? Have I missed something? It looks like if you were to pile drive head first into the ground, it would help, but if you received a sideways blow to the head it would not seem to help? What am I missing.. I keep looking at them but can't really figure out what they do or why they are so expensive, maybe the cost is due to liability insurance?

Sorry to hijack the thread..

Gary

its still suppose to help out all movement even sideways and down. I once saw a good video on it somewhere. I've heard of 3 guys in the last year(me being one) who have broke their neck/back riding... my surgeries totalled $150,000 and thats with no rehab. Lets just say the $450 is something I would certainly pay...and no I was not wearing a neck brace. However they do not PREVENT breaks from happening, on more than one occasion, I've heard that the neck brace was the different between a broken neck and full recovery and a broken neck that led to paralysis or even death. One guy I know is still going to TIRR for rehab for an april 2010 accident.

Back