• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FS 2002 Honda Superhawk VTR1000

Reaction score
Well, I don't need two motorcycles, so I'm selling the Superhawk. My wife actually bought this back in 2005 and it didn't get ridden much once family got in the way. I've been taking it out to rotate the tires, so to speak, several times a year, but I'm just not putting many miles on it. It should go to a good home.

This thing is about as stock as it gets. It has a Zero Gravity tinted windscreen and Jardine high exhaust (loud and sounds amazing). It still even has the big factory undertail.

$3300 obo in College Station

Details:

* 2002 Honda Superhawk VTR1000, red
* 996cc V Twin
* 3956 miles (yep, only 4k miles)
* Michelin Pilot tires, couple years old. Plenty of life remaining.
* Carbs were taken off and thoroughly cleaned last summer (air filter foam disintegrated and the carbs ate it)
* New Air filter. ;)
* Never been down

I don't know what else to say about it. Its a lightweight Vtwin sportbike with half fairing. They just don't make much like this anymore outside of Italy.

Pictures:

2VSaKom.jpg

SHrhd8r.jpg

7xEq7cO.jpg

eGiBR8G.jpg

7ejXAcP.jpg

oJaXxbk.jpg

ynMv7c2.jpg

Last edited:
Luvverly Bike!
I'm tempted . . . a fac'try match to my nekkidized Shawk (1st in the world, pretty sure) would be cool, and those VTR twins sing a beautiful song, 'specially when cranked on; . . .

but :argh: m'pockets & bank accounts are E-Phlat empty.

Last edited:
I was just getting into sportbikes in the late 1990s when this bike hit the market. I wanted one sooooooooooo bad, but they were remarkably expensive at the time for what they were and I ended up buying a '98 Katana instead. Still, a buddy of mine had one and I never forgot the sound and feel of the SuperHawk. There was never anything quite like it either before or after its era, and I bet it'll find a significant place in motorcycle history. GLWS.

You said "I dont need 2 motorcycles..." Are you feeling ok? No one in their right mind says that sorta thing.

The correct statement is "I'm selling this so I can get another motorcycle..."

Back