• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New To Me FJR 1300

You must be contagious Weljo, I just picked up a 2009 FJR to replace my Versys as a touring mount. I'm glad you're doing your "buy ALL the farkles" thing on your FJR so I can see what's worth buying. :rofl:

You must be contagious Weljo, I just picked up a 2009 FJR to replace my Versys as a touring mount. I'm glad you're doing your "buy ALL the farkles" thing on your FJR so I can see what's worth buying. :rofl:

The only thing i would do different so far. Would be to buy the Handle Bar Riser Plate instead of the Handle Bar Riser Blocks:rider:

Yeah, the plate is on my list. Probably going to be ordering that, the footpeg lowering kit, and the bag liners from Motorcycle Larry, then I'm kicking around the idea of a Russell Day Long seat and maybe a Corbin Smuggler. I'm still looking into tipover protection. The MC Enterprises may be the way I go. I had them on my Concours 14 and didn't really like the size, but now they have that lower profile setup.

Yeah, the plate is on my list. Probably going to be ordering that, the footpeg lowering kit, and the bag liners from Motorcycle Larry, then I'm kicking around the idea of a Russell Day Long seat and maybe a Corbin Smuggler. I'm still looking into tipover protection. The MC Enterprises may be the way I go. I had them on my Concours 14 and didn't really like the size, but now they have that lower profile setup.

I know this will be hard to believe but the stock seat isn't that bad for me. Just wish the rider area was a little longer toward the rear.

If you are considering another seat....IMO you owe it to yourself to look at Laam. He built for the R seat maker several years. Very good and almost 1/2 the cost. Have a all leather on a '14 ES. Nice. You talk directly to him giving stats so he can build from that.

If you are considering another seat....IMO you owe it to yourself to look at Laam. He built for the R seat maker several years. Very good and almost 1/2 the cost. Have a all leather on a '14 ES. Nice. You talk directly to him giving stats so he can build from that.

Yea i have saved his web-site if i decide to do something with the seat. If i do i'll just ride up to him to have the seat done. I'm in SoCal.

Rode out with the new exhaust and to test the new bar end weights....[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5rw-dWkDRc"]Sound The Alarm - YouTube[/ame]

Had the AME Chicane Heated Grips on the Versys. They worked great and the grips were the most comfortable that i had on any bike. So just ordered a set for the FJR..[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBx9L5nXgSE"]AME Heated Grips - YouTube[/ame]

Changed out the Mobil 1 Synthetic to Amsoil Synthetic oil and changed the final drive oil while i was at it. The mail lady delivered my heated grips while i was working on the bike so hey i get to kill two birds with one stone. Open the box and they sent the wrong color grips. Should have been black they sent gray :(

So I've got a box at home with the Motorcycle Larry triple tree, foot peg lowering kit, Fenda Extenda, and bag liners waiting for me at home. I really need to get on the wrenching. Maybe Sunday.

Weljo, did the bar end weights fix the vibes in your hands over 3k RPM?

So I've got a box at home with the Motorcycle Larry triple tree, foot peg lowering kit, Fenda Extenda, and bag liners waiting for me at home. I really need to get on the wrenching. Maybe Sunday.

Weljo, did the bar end weights fix the vibes in your hands over 3k RPM?

Yes, I had a good bit of vibration more noticeable on the right grip. I went with the Extra Heavy Bar Weights and it make a huge difference for me.

Went ahead and installed the Heated Grips. The company had sent gray instead of black. Got in touch with them sent them a photo with the box and grips showing the part# and description. They got back in touch with me today. They were going to e-mail me a return label within 2 business days meaning middle of next week. Then they would refund my money once they got the wrong grips they sent back and i could re-order the grips. Seeing how this was their mistake you would think they would be sending out the correct item as quick as possible. I guess things have changed with customer service over the years.

The Motocycle Larry riser/triple tree is pretty awesome. Got it installed Sunday night, took the bike out for a test ride yesterday. Bar position is perfect. In fact when I get the peg lowering kit installed the riding position is going to be very similar to the Versys.

The Motocycle Larry riser/triple tree is pretty awesome. Got it installed Sunday night, took the bike out for a test ride yesterday. Bar position is perfect. In fact when I get the peg lowering kit installed the riding position is going to be very similar to the Versys.

Good Deal, I wish i had went with the riser plate instead of the riser blocks. They work well but just need a little more..

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpjnSu8Ff8Q&list=UUa5nV2VOnSSyPVjUdRIRZdQ"]3 FJR's 3 Different Delkevic Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

MCL bar-raising triple tree + MCL foot peg lowering kit = fully faired Versys 1300.

I LOVE the new riding position.

Back