• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rider in Plano

Reaction score
I'm located in Plano and have been riding bikes 31 years (geez am I that old!).

Still have my first bike a CT70 Honda which is in need of restoration and was assembled from a basket case in 73. At the time I didn't appreciate why I had to but the bike together, however without my Dad teaching me how to do it I wouldn't be in the position to tinker with cycles and cars today as a hobby.

I've also owned the following cycles over the years:

Suzuki TM 125
Honda SL 100
Yamaha YZ 250
Kawazaki 90
Yamaha RD 400
Moto Guzzi V50 Monza
Honda 700S Nighthawk

After not owning a bike for several years I bought an 04 BMW 1100S Boxercup replica. Decided I wanted to sport tourer this time. I've only been able to put 1100 miles on it so far however that is changing and may begin using it for work commutes.

My wife passed the MSF course several months ago and informed me today see intends to get her cycle license next week! She has a 97 BMW F650 with the lowering kit.

Have met a great crowd at the Thursday evening gatherings in north Dallas.

Also into cars and building an 80 Corvette for track days and open road race events.

Dave

Hey, Dave. I'll have to keep an eye out for that beautiful Boxer Cup Beemer. (hmmm, are BMW motorcycles called "beemers" too?) I'm in Allen and I ride to work every day. If you see a black FZ1 wave me over and we can say hello.

Be safe!
Lonny a.k.a. TheSinistral

Sinistral, hope to see you on the road or at the coffee shop meetings. I think they still call them Beemers however I was calling it a few other things when it wouldn't start a few weeks ago.

Wabbit, are you sure you want to ride a bike with a clunky gear box? Maybe it's miles the gear box needs so I really need to get some cooler weather gear.

Dave

Back