• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi from Houston

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'll be honest with you, I don't have a bike and don't remember ever having been on one. But I know the guy that rides the KLR seen below. He's been roaming around the forum and seems to want to post some pictures. I told him I would help figure it out... so I'm here.

Hope you don't mind a non-rider getting in here... but I think you'll like seeing some of the other pictures once we get this image hosting / linking thing completely figured out.

For reference, the picture was taken out at the OH Ivie Reservoir... do a map of 31.534799,-99.679470 if you don't know where that is.

Link to picture... here

Thumbnail 1

Thumbnail 2
[img=http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1208/111105464vg.th.jpg]

Hotlink 1

Hotlink 2
[img=http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1208/111105464vg.jpg]

Straight image
111105464vg.jpg

Well - did a preview post and it looks like most of it works out as expected... not too bad.

While I'm here, if anyone has suggestions on hosting sites (the above was with imageshack), let me know.

Also - I know there is a topic that gives some guidance on how to do the above... but for some that haven't dealt with image hosting and getting the format of the linking... it doesn't quiet go far enough. If you find yourself in the same boat, let me know and I'll write down some more detailed process.

Note to Admin - that "Preview Post" button is great... hadn't seen it before on some other forums I read/post to.

Howdy and welcome to the site. That's a nice looking KLR!

Which part of the instructions on posting do you think need expanding? I can always add to it ;-)

I think your information on how to format the "link" is dead on. But it leaves the user on their own to figure out how to get an image on one of the free hosting sites.. and then figure out what to do with the multitude of links they give you (doesn't help any trying to figure out what is relevant info and what is advertisement).

If you aren't used to or somewhat familiar with HTML formatting (at least in recognizing it) it APPEARS more complicated than it really is.

I don't blame you for not going into details regarding the hosting site usability... there's 100's of them floating around out there, and each has it's "uniqueness".

Maybe taking one of the more popular hosting sites (based upon current users) and detailing how it is done with that site, would show how easy it could be... there's enough similarities between the sites, that lessons from one, could be applied to another.

Oh yeah - another thought. I saw a post about having attachements and you were concerned about bandwith and such... There are sites out there that "host" file's as well as pictures... you could ditch the attachement function on your forum and instruct people to host "off-site" and link to it. Reference this SITE and look for file hosting.

+ 1 on photobucket.com.

I just started using them and it took all of 30 seconds to figure out how to use it.

Good luck.

Back