• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New in Corpus

Couldn't help but notice comments about Corpus riding being flat.

What it loses in hills, it makes up for in good riding days. I grew up there and rode a 72 Kawa 500 365 days a year. Oh yea - the flats were good for that Mach III.
________
Toyota vanguard

TX_F2 said:
Dan,

I know you already have plans for tomorrow (Sat.) and won't be able to meet up with Harold and I, but how is your schedule looking for next Sat. or Sun. ?

I was thinking that maybe the 5 of us :

Doug (FotoMoto)
Dan (kingdan)
Harold (PastaRocket)
Myself (TX_F2)
My Wife (?? lol)

might be able to get together for a ride / BBQ / Both ???

Sounds good to me......7:30 ropes park I may sneak off just to meet you guys, I'll need to take the pig out for her morning run anyway:mrgreen:. I may just meet ya'll to say hi and get all the initial intros out of the way, that way I can be included in the books as being there for our chapter's 1st day:rofl: . I feel a little bad my bro's bike is in Ft. Hood,:nana: then we could really ride. Sat. morning......I'm in see ya then. pm me if anything changes.

Tschuss

TX_F2 said:
and baseball cap on backwards (although I have read that this is optional).[/B]

After 95mph it is......

Sorry, no I can't make it tomorrow, lots of work.

kingdan said:
Sounds good to me......7:30 ropes park I may sneak off just to meet you guys, I'll need to take the pig out for her morning run anyway:mrgreen:. I may just meet ya'll to say hi and get all the initial intros out of the way, that way I can be included in the books as being there for our chapter's 1st day:rofl: . I feel a little bad my bro's bike is in Ft. Hood,:nana: then we could really ride. Sat. morning......I'm in see ya then. pm me if anything changes.

Tschuss

Glad you can stop by Dan even if it's just to introduce yourself..... I think I'll have to bring my bib with me so I don't slobber all over those two Italian beauty's. lol

I'll PM you if anything changes. I have to work tonight, but I will be leaving early tomorrow morning so I will be at Ropes Park between 7:15 - 7:20 am. So if you or Harold try PM'ing me tonight and I don't reply it's because I am at work.

BTW - Sind Sie deutsch? Woher kommen Sie in Deutschland ?

Phil

Last edited:
FotoMoto said:
After 95mph it is......

Sorry, no I can't make it tomorrow, lots of work.

LOL..... Yeah, I guess it would be optional after 95mph...... but even if it comes off when they're doing 130 mph down SPID, at least they don't get their hair all messed up from wearing those uncool helmets. :shrug:

That's all right Doug, we're all still going to get together sooner or later. How about next week on Sat. or Sun. ?

Phil

Last edited:
kingdan said:
Heidelberg, and not as much as I should!

Man, I miss Germany. I spent a total of 6 yrs there.... Darmstadt, Ettlingen (small stadt oustside of Karlsruhe), and Mannheim..... so I've been to Heidelberg many times. ;-)

The scenery, food, beer, ...sniff, sniff,... I'm getting homesick. :-(

Hello from another Corpus area rider. Well, I'm in Sinton to be exact. Just about 30 miles north of Corpus.

I'm new to riding, its been over 15 years since I last owned a bike. I'm currently riding a 1998 Triumph Sprint 900, and loving it.

8-)

Welcome to TW TEX.. I would say welcome to south texas but you have probabally lived here longer than me please keep your eyes posted here for more rides as our South Tex mini group starts to grow

Back