• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fort Worth New Guy

Reaction score
First Name
Butch
Hi Ya'll

Just joined the board and the content looks good. I got back into riding about 5 years ago after a long lay off (15 or so years). I am totally hooked again!!! 8-)

I am rding: 04 Wing, 05 R12GS, and an 89Transalp. The GS is the newest and I am looking forward to some camping etc. off it. Want to hit Big Bend with my 11 year old son after the first of the year.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you!

All the best
GS-Texas

GS-Texas said:
Hi Ya'll

Just joined the board and the content looks good. I got back into riding about 5 years ago after a long lay off (15 or so years). I am totally hooked again!!! 8-)

I am rding: 04 Wing, 05 R12GS, and an 89Transalp. The GS is the newest and I am looking forward to some camping etc. off it. Want to hit Big Bend with my 11 year old son after the first of the year.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you!

All the best
GS-Texas

Wecome aboard. So, does your son ride the Transalp? :-D Seriously though, how is he on the back of a bike? I'm rebuilding (very slowly) an old Goldwing and my 12 year is the only one in the house that would be interested in riding with me. Just wondering what its like having a preteen on board.

Howdy there Foat Wuth,

We have a Tarrant County meet and Greet on Tuesday nights at different locations. Check the upcoming events for excatly where. Hope to see you there sometime...

And so the dualsport disease spreads... muhahaha :twisted:

Welcome to the site! Never hurts to have another GS rider around ;-)

WoodButcher

I have a son 11 and a daughter 14 and they both love riding with me. The 11 year old is small so it will be a few years before he can ride a bike the size of the TA. So far most of the riding has been early morning out for a breakfast in Hico or Glen Rose than a long loop home. We will do 100 to 160 miles and be home for lunch.

My Xmas list includes a lot of backpacking type gear to prepare for camping off the bikes. They both (as well as my wife) are excitied about the prospects. He is great on the bike and seems to really enjoy the common adventure. He is the classic 11 yr old boy if goes bang or zoom it is COOL!

The Wing and the GS (for me and mine) are the perfect combo. I have tried sportier (R1100RSL, K1200RS) and although I think they are beautiful machines, they don't work for me. So at present I am a happy (soon to be ;-) ) camper.

I have a 12 year old daughter and a 18 year old son. Both have dirt bikes. My son has his motorcycle license too, but I haven't plated his bike yet. I've only been riding a couple of years and she started riding a couple months after me. My son waited another year before starting. She seems to enjoy riding more than he does just because of the getting out of the city part, but neither is a maniac about it. Oh well, between them I can usually find someone to ride with me.

Back