• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

THANK YOU!!

Reaction score
As you guys may remember, my daughter Sasha has been fighting a difficult form of leukemia since July, and Scott Friday organized a tire raffle to raise money for Sasha and Nolan.

Sasha and I wanted to say thank you to everyone who organized and participated in the raffle, particularly to Scott Friday for thinking it up and putting it all together and Patrick Hart of Motorcycles Unlimited in Houston for donating tires. We got a huge check from Scott last week and I am still in shock over it. It will cover our entire hospital deductible for next year.

Thank you all for making it one less thing for me to worry about, this is a wonderful holiday surprize. Sasha and I are blessed to have such friends as Scott, Patrick and all of you. I really never imagined how good my friends are until these times of need came around. Please know you can always count on me if any of you come to need my help.

Sasha is doing great, we had a terrific Christmas and Hanukkah (yes, I know, my child must be very confused by this point..) and Sasha got spoiled rotten. The best gift though came in the form of her lab results from December 26th that showed that she is finally making enough of her own stuff not to require transfusions any more!! We are scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy on January 2nd, so please keep us in your thoughts then. Sasha's treatment is complete, now she will only have to go through biopsies once a month for the next six months or so, and even less frequently afterwards. We are all praying that this is the last we've seen of the disease.

Thank you all again, and happy holidays!

Love,

Yuliya and Sasha

That's great news!

It's good to know that the raffle helped out but even better to hear that Sasha is showing strong improvement. You should both come out to a bike night at King's sometime in the New Year if you get the opportunity. Scott posts advance notice in the "Upcoming Rides, Trips and Events" section.

Happy New Year to you both! 8)

Yuliya,

I contacted a gentleman a few months ago, about dontaing in Sashas name. last time I gave blood, (at a military hospital, go figure) they didn't know how to do it in someones name...is that something that would help you out? I have more than I need, you all are welcome to as many CC's as you need. I understand that Im the wrong type A-, but can't they do some kind of trading around, to get you what you need? Let me know if I can help at all, please!

And, I'm terribly grateful that Sasha is all done, and shouldn't need any more treatments, what great news! If you know of any other children you may have met, while going through this, let me know, maybe they can use a little A-.

TR
Brady TX

herodt@yahoo.com

TR

Thanks, TR! I know there's always need for blood around here so I would encourage you to donate any chance you get! Even though Sasha does not need blood at the moment, there is another person who does (platelets, particularly), here is the link:

http://pub122.ezboard.com/fhoustonsportbikenetworkfrm2.showMessage?topicID=1670.topic

We are having another biopsy this Friday, last one showed some funky stuff (not sure what it meant), hopefully it will be gone this time around.

Thank you all again!

Yuliya and Sasha

Another update: 2/4/04

I'm afraid I have some bad news. Sasha's cancer relapsed and we are back at the hospital beginning Monday for more chemo. They let us go home Tuesday night to do the rest of the chemo outpatient at the TCH cancer clinic.

The plan of treatment is to do another two rounds of chemotherapy, and then bone marrow transplant (could be as soon as early March). It is a huge ordeal, involving lots of additional chemo, radiation, immunosuppressing drugs and high risk of serious side effects, but it is really our only option. She is being a strong little girl, but chemo is already making her sick. Please keep Sasha in your thoughts.

Yuliya

Adios,

Back