• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Waiting is the hardest part.

Reaction score
First Name
John
Last Name
Collins
I pulled the trigger yesterday and bought myself a new smoker. Now I have to wait for it to arrive at the dealer.

2013 KTM 250SX
2013_ktm_250sx.jpg

I could have bought it from a dealer that had one in stock, but SLM Racing/North Texas KTM was able to sell me one for over $600 less than anyone else if I was willing to wait a few weeks for it to arrive at their shop.

:flip:

I'll have to ride one of those orange bikes one day and see what evokes all of the passion and loyalty. Congrats on the new smoker!

Very nice. I need to dig out my old as dirt 250 and get it running again.

Just got the call from the dealer. Looks like I may only be waiting until next Thursday.:rider:

I'll have to ride one of those orange bikes one day and see what evokes all of the passion and loyalty. Congrats on the new smoker!

In all fairness, I did look at the new Yamaha YZ250 2-stroke as well. Showroom test sitting showed that it didn't "feel as right" as the KTM to me. Having a higher MSRP didn't help either.

For me, it's about the level of standard equipment, the ease of maintenance, and the adjustable ergonomics that just feel right to me. I've spent tons of money on kawis and yamahas in the past to get them set up to my liking. With the KTMs, they suit me right off the showroom floor. In all honesty, the only things that will likely be done to this bike are new springs for my weight and a pipe guard to prevent those "performance dents".

Back