• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

250 SX First Ride

Roger I was riding right there where Stubblefield Lake Rd. goes North off of 1375. Right after the road "Y's" I stayed to the left & parked in the first parking area. I guess it would be easier to simply say I was on the north side of 1375 just above Kelly's Pond. It was too much for my kids to ride. They were all over the trail because of the amount of sand, fallen trees, and bushes growing over the trail.

When you say "East Side Trail Head" what streets, or intersection, would that be close to and I'll try there next time.

In realilty the SHNF trails are a bit much for beginning kids. The roots and sand can be a challenge. But you don't have a lot of choices, other than beginner tracks at 3 Palms. Luckily my grandkids learned at Outlaw Trax, way better for beginner kids and plenty good for us old guys too.

Better?

photo.jpg

Now that's almost a proper "DIRT" bike. If you can identify it, it's still too clean. You need to go back and find some mud holes.

I never washed my Penton until I got all the dirt off of me! :rofl:

From TORCS race last w/e. Really wasn't terrible.

Attachments

• 526878_10200649791466671_1494407714_n.jpg
    526878_10200649791466671_1494407714_n.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 199
My son's first mods for his 250 SX.

Powder coating makes-em faster???

DSC01274.JPG

orange is faster

nice garage mine looks like a garbage dump

Snapped a few shots after re-assembly, before heading out to try out the new suspension.

DSC01276.JPG

DSC01277.JPG

OK, how did it work?

My son said the difference over the stock suspension is "amazing". Mike's the one that did the suspension on my 200 and 350 as well. The difference on my 200 was night and day. I thought my stock 350 suspension couldn't get any better, Mike proved me wrong on that one...

I highly recommend him. http://www.mikes-dirt-bike.com/#

Last edited:
My son said the difference over the stock suspension is "amazing". Mike's the one that did the suspension on my 200 and 350 as well. The difference on my 200 was night and day. I thought my stock 350 suspension couldn't get any better, Mike proved me wrong on that one...

I highly recommend him. http://www.mikes-dirt-bike.com/#

Thank you sir. Course you know me, not picky at all. ;-)

Back