Old 08-20-2017, 10:06 PM   #222
kubotamiketx
Forum Supporter

Re: Trials Riding

I hope somebody in austin buys it I need so guys to practice with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 Yamaha XT250 (wife's bike)
1968 CT90
2018 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali Duramax (oh baby)
1979 Jeep CJ5 (it's her' but she lets me drive it sometimes)
2007 Kubota L3940, John Deer X300, Kubota Zero Turn, Polaris Crew, Kawasaki Mule Pro FX, Skid Steer, 3 chain saws, 3 weed eaters, pole saw, , all need servicing of some sort all the time . . .
kubotamiketx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 09:26 AM   #223
Thrasherg

Is there a list of Trials clubs in Texas anywhere? I just bought a 2002 gas gas txt 200 and would love to join a local club but have not been able to find anything yet.. have watched a few YouTube videos and bought Dirt Wise 3 DVD to try and learn, have spent all my time learning to balance the bike whilst stationary without the engine running. With the handlebars on full lock, can balance any where from 10 seconds to 2 minutes, but vey inconsistent so need to work on that. Watching the DVD I will start trying to learn to wheelie using his methods, my CRF450X wheelies really well just by opening the throttle, but they say I should be using the clutch to lift the front wheel and this gas gas will lift the front wheel on the throttle alone, it is not as controlled as the video shows using the clutch!! Will try to unlearn my 30 year wheelie skills and learn this new technique. Really hoping this will greatly enhance my Dirt riding ability..

Gary
14 CBR500RR (Daughter #2)
06 CRF450X (Mine)
05 CRF230F (Wife's)
06 CRF250X (Daughter #2)
02 Gas Gas TXT200
05 & 06 CRF450X (spares for friends!)

Last edited by Thrasherg; 08-21-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Thrasherg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:58 PM   #224
wildernessrider
TWT Site Sponsor

I have only ridden mine for. a couple months now. Even though I have not taken on any proper tutoring online or other wise, ijust playing around in these Ozark hills has already made me a better and more confident rider on all my other dirt bikes. Even noticed it myself a couple days ago. I was up on the pegs slowly threading the big Africa Twin (with large side bags mounted) in between a couple of very tight tree trunks at a pace so serenely slow it would have creeped me right out before I learned some trials bike speed and control of balance. As I mentioned I have only ever had a trials bike for a whole two months. I am excited to see how much more I might progress over the next several years with maybe a little formal instruction here and there as I run across it.
2016 Africa Twin CRF-1000
2015 WR-450
2015 YZ-450
2011 Husky 449
wildernessrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:04 AM   #225
wildernessrider
TWT Site Sponsor

Sorry, returning to topic now...
So, just how much would that gently used Sherco set a fella back??
2016 Africa Twin CRF-1000
2015 WR-450
2015 YZ-450
2011 Husky 449
wildernessrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:12 AM   #226
Hellwig

Tapatalk caused me to dump the photos into the middle of the post - sorry. Asking $2500
Old 08-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #227
greeneggs&ham
Forum Supporter

Kubotamike I am still here in Kyle. May take a couple of days to get the bike ride-able but I just need an excuse.

Sam

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. - Hilary Cooper
greeneggs&ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:29 PM   #228
DRZBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildernessrider View Post
I have only ridden mine for. a couple months now. Even though I have not taken on any proper tutoring online or other wise, ijust playing around in these Ozark hills has already made me a better and more confident rider on all my other dirt bikes. Even noticed it myself a couple days ago. I was up on the pegs slowly threading the big Africa Twin (with large side bags mounted) in between a couple of very tight tree trunks at a pace so serenely slow it would have creeped me right out before I learned some trials bike speed and control of balance. As I mentioned I have only ever had a trials bike for a whole two months. I am excited to see how much more I might progress over the next several years with maybe a little formal instruction here and there as I run across it.
CTTA & NTTA are a couple of Texas trails clubs. CTTA has a facebook page and a web site: austintrials.com NTTA has a facebook page as well. Chris Johnson offers trials instruction and is located about 45min West of Fort Sill, OK on Buffalo Dream Ranch.

2008 BMW R1200GS
2007 Suzuki DRZ400S
2011 Gas Gas 300 TxT Raga
DRZBRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #229
DRZBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasherg View Post
Is there a list of Trials clubs in Texas anywhere? I just bought a 2002 gas gas txt 200 and would love to join a local club but have not been able to find anything yet.. have watched a few YouTube videos and bought Dirt Wise 3 DVD to try and learn, have spent all my time learning to balance the bike whilst stationary without the engine running. With the handlebars on full lock, can balance any where from 10 seconds to 2 minutes, but vey inconsistent so need to work on that. Watching the DVD I will start trying to learn to wheelie using his methods, my CRF450X wheelies really well just by opening the throttle, but they say I should be using the clutch to lift the front wheel and this gas gas will lift the front wheel on the throttle alone, it is not as controlled as the video shows using the clutch!! Will try to unlearn my 30 year wheelie skills and learn this new technique. Really hoping this will greatly enhance my Dirt riding ability..

Gary
Oops! Sorry, replied to wrong post first try.

FYI:

CTTA & NTTA are a couple of Texas trails clubs. CTTA has a facebook page and a web site: austintrials.com NTTA has a facebook page as well. Chris Johnson offers trials instruction and is located about 45min West of Fort Sill, OK on Buffalo Dream Ranch.

2008 BMW R1200GS
2007 Suzuki DRZ400S
2011 Gas Gas 300 TxT Raga
DRZBRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:58 PM   #230
Thrasherg

Many thanks Brian, I found both clubs since posting my request and have ridden with a few of the NTTA members at Emma Long park!! Need to find a second cheap trials bike for my wife as she wants to try it also!! Great when you can share hobbies..

Gary
14 CBR500RR (Daughter #2)
06 CRF450X (Mine)
05 CRF230F (Wife's)
06 CRF250X (Daughter #2)
02 Gas Gas TXT200
05 & 06 CRF450X (spares for friends!)
Thrasherg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #231
Meriden

A couple of months on the Sherco and I'm still learning just how bad I am. It's amazing how many sins throttle - and the space to use it - can cover up.

Y'all go ahead. I'll catch up to you at the crash site.
Avatar: Jawbone Canyon Store by Rman
Meriden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:21 PM   #232
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I know next to nothing specific about various brands/models of trials bikes. I am thinking of one for my son. He's 11, maybe 85 lbs. He rides a Yamaha TTR110E without any issues. But, I really want him to learn how to balance and use the clutch. Also, I have room in the yard to set up a course for a trials bike but it is a bit small for any real fun on the 110. I'd like to not spend thousands of dollars. So I figure a used bike will have to do. Any suggestions?

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:38 PM   #233
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Many thanks Brian, I found both clubs since posting my request and have ridden with a few of the NTTA members at Emma Long park!! Need to find a second cheap trials bike for my wife as she wants to try it also!! Great when you can share hobbies..

Gary
One just listed on www.texasoffroad.net
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
All for sale!
woodsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:39 PM   #234
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
I know next to nothing specific about various brands/models of trials bikes. I am thinking of one for my son. He's 11, maybe 85 lbs. He rides a Yamaha TTR110E without any issues. But, I really want him to learn how to balance and use the clutch. Also, I have room in the yard to set up a course for a trials bike but it is a bit small for any real fun on the 110. I'd like to not spend thousands of dollars. So I figure a used bike will have to do. Any suggestions?
Not sure of exact models but they make bikes for his size.
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
All for sale!
Old 11-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #235
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/trial/4...80-racing.html
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
All for sale!
Old 11-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #236
greeneggs&ham
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Need to find a second cheap trials bike for my wife as she wants to try it also!! Great when you can share hobbies..

Gary
So is this the time I need to list the Gas Gas for sale??? It has not been out to a ride in months... I got the KTM 200 out this last weekend and had to pull the carb to clean, they just sit and waste away. Maybe it's time it goes to someone who will play with it? Let me know Gary if you are interested, or anyone else who has time for a great bike.

Sam

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. - Hilary Cooper
Old 11-20-2017, 11:18 PM   #237
Westtexasadv
Forum Supporter

I have had several trials bikes and really liked riding them. I was never great at it but it was fun and doesn't take a lot of space to ride a big plus. It's always more fun with a group though.
Westtexasadv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:18 AM   #238
woodsguy
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneggs&ham View Post
So is this the time I need to list the Gas Gas for sale??? It has not been out to a ride in months... I got the KTM 200 out this last weekend and had to pull the carb to clean, they just sit and waste away. Maybe it's time it goes to someone who will play with it? Let me know Gary if you are interested, or anyone else who has time for a great bike.

Sam

details?
TORCS #70
2018 KTM 350 XCF
2017 Honda CRF 450 RX
2016 BMW R1200RS
2016 BMW 800 GS
All for sale!
Old 11-21-2017, 06:14 PM   #239
greeneggs&ham
Forum Supporter

I just sent Gary a reply to his question about the Gas Gas. I know Gary and his wife and they are great people/riders. I was not considering selling it till I read his post but it got me to thinking that it was not being utilized and may not be in the near or distant future. I have done all the riding in the back field by myself I care to. I did a couple of competitions and had a good time, but I have ridden offroad competition most of my adult life and just want to ride with friends now. I am old and getting slower by the day. I purchased the trials bike because I noticed my balance on the KTM seemed to be...slow to react and my body position seemed off. It is better now, not sure the trials bike is the cure but I hadn't ridden in about 6 months and went out this weekend and felt pretty quick...for an old man.
But anyway if Gary decides not to purchase it and I am still motivated to sell it I will post it in the "For Sale " section with all the details.
Woodsguy I will PM you if/when it is posted.
Sam

Old 11-21-2017, 06:22 PM   #240
Meriden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Guy View Post
Trying to link to the FIM 2015 championship...

Video for fim world trials championship 2015▶ 12:33
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXubj3qLM_4
Jun 16, 2015 - Uploaded by Colin Vistamills
Toni Bou, Takahisa Fujinami, Jaime Busto, Albert Cabestany, James Dabill, Alexandre ...

Forgive me if this is a repost....
Man that is something. I'm still trying to do figure eights in the ditch in front of the house.

Y'all go ahead. I'll catch up to you at the crash site.
Avatar: Jawbone Canyon Store by Rman
Meriden is offline   Reply With Quote