• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello From Georgetown

Reaction score
Hello all. I figured I would poke an introduction post out there before I started posting stuff. I just picked up an R1200GS and looking forward to the dirt life. I grew up riding dirtbikes (YZ80/KX250), enduros (KLX250), and friends street bikes (mostly a friends R1). I've had a pretty modified Triumph Thruxton the last couple of years, but decided to trade it in for a GS a few days ago. Currently the bike is stock, besides some Happy Trails panniers. So the dirt life is going to be mostly dirt roads until I get some armor. I'm always looking for people to ride with so if anyone wants to explore some areas around Austin, I'm game!

Welcome from Houston!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Aloha,welcome to TWT. There are several TWT members in G-town. I am just up the road in Lampasas. You will fit in on the Beemer there are plenty hanging out here. Do you camp any off the bike? If so come join us this weekend for food,fun,and friendship. Thread below if you are able to join in,sign on up. KP
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115027

Thanks for posting that meetup. I don't think I would be able to make it this weekend, however I do plan on riding either Saturday or Sunday somewhere. With work stuff this week I picked up the bike Wednesday morning and rode it home where it has stayed since Wednesday. So I've put like 12 miles on the bike which includes taking it into town for lunch today. So I'm going to try and take an all day ride either Saturday or Sunday. I have no clue where I'm going yet but I plan on being on the bike all day.

Thanks for posting that meetup. I don't think I would be able to make it this weekend, however I do plan on riding either Saturday or Sunday somewhere. With work stuff this week I picked up the bike Wednesday morning and rode it home where it has stayed since Wednesday. So I've put like 12 miles on the bike which includes taking it into town for lunch today. So I'm going to try and take an all day ride either Saturday or Sunday. I have no clue where I'm going yet but I plan on being on the bike all day.

Okay maybe next time. All future rides can be seen at the forum area upder upcoming rides. Ride safe. If you change your mind chime on in. KP

Welcome to the site from somebody else thats kinda, sorta, almost in Georgetown! ;)

Lately I haven't been able to get out to ride on the weekends all that much, but hope to be attending the Meet&Greet kp posted up above.

Welcome from San Antonio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back