• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Koffe Kup - Hico, TX

Reaction score
What: The Koffee Kup is known for its killer pies ("Coconut cream pie to die for"). I stopped here on my way to Possum Kingdom Lake one morning, had a nice basic breakfast, and just had to have some pie. I'm not crazy about coconut, so I had their pecan pie, which uses locally grown pecans. :bigokay:

On a subsquent outing, I had the chocolate cream pie. Yowza!
15000643-M.jpg

Where:
Koffee Kup Family Restaurant
Hwy. 281 & Hwy. 6
Hico, Tx

Last edited by a moderator:
I've eaten there a couple of times, and it's certainly the place to be out that neck of the woods Sunday at lunchtime. The prices are a little high for my liking for lunch, but the food is decent.

The Strawberry Rubarb pie is to die for!! The KKK is at the headwaters of many of the best roads within 90 minutes of DFW. Run south to Fairy on FM1602 - This stretch is ok, but watch out for soft asphalt near the cemetary west of town.

You can run east on FM218 for some 25 and 35 mph turns to Cranfills Gap.. Not bad, but for a real rush catch FM1238 just east of Fairy for THE BEST sport touring road in Texas!

FM1238 runs between Fairy and Iredall and has elevation changes, Sweeping Esses, an assortment of 35 and 45 turns with 50mph (posted) turns at the end of long straights.. Yipps! What a road. We routely do this stretch a couple of times back and forth..

At Hwy 6 and FM1238, go straight through Iredall to FM297 -- You can haul some serious mail along the 15 miles of sweeping, well paved, unpopulated country roads to Walnut Springs.

Catch FM203 just north fo Walnut Springs for the ride to US67. At that point, you can go east to Glenn Rose and DFW, NW to FM51, or West to Chalk Hill. Not a bad day!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...YPnfHPjdwB+kexTChWhXSl0DZFF3dg42J+21ZakFimmU=

Saw this post about one of my favorite places & wanted to mention that if you're there at a time OTHER than a hot summer day check out the chocolate shop across the street (chocolate in your saddle bag on a hot day is NOT a pretty picture). I can't recall the name of it, but there's only one.

JROBERTS_BREWER said:
The Strawberry Rubarb pie is to die for!! The KKK is at the headwaters of many of the best roads within 90 minutes of DFW. Run south to Fairy on FM1602 - This stretch is ok, but watch out for soft asphalt near the cemetary west of town.

You can run east on FM218 for some 25 and 35 mph turns to Cranfills Gap.. Not bad, but for a real rush catch FM1238 just east of Fairy for THE BEST sport touring road in Texas!

FM1238 runs between Fairy and Iredall and has elevation changes, Sweeping Esses, an assortment of 35 and 45 turns with 50mph (posted) turns at the end of long straights.. Yipps! What a road. We routely do this stretch a couple of times back and forth..

At Hwy 6 and FM1238, go straight through Iredall to FM297 -- You can haul some serious mail along the 15 miles of sweeping, well paved, unpopulated country roads to Walnut Springs.

Catch FM203 just north fo Walnut Springs for the ride to US67. At that point, you can go east to Glenn Rose and DFW, NW to FM51, or West to Chalk Hill. Not a bad day!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...YPnfHPjdwB+kexTChWhXSl0DZFF3dg42J+21ZakFimmU=

FM 1238 is one of my favorite roads in Texas. I agree with all of your comments.

I believe FM 218 referenced above is actually FM 219, FM 1238 runs between Iredell and Cranfills Gap, and FM 297 is actually FM 927.

youngturk said:
I believe FM 218 referenced above is actually FM 219, FM 1238 runs between Iredell and Cranfills Gap, and FM 297 is actually FM 927.
You are correct on your corrections... :mrgreen:

:welcome: by-the-way...

youngturk said:
FM 1238 is one of my favorite roads in Texas. I agree with all of your comments.

My buddies are taking July and August off from riding. Just too hot for these old geesers! We'll probably start riding again in mid September.

I'll send an invite out to see if anyone want to go.

James Roberts
98 VFR 800

swallack said:
Saw this post about one of my favorite places & wanted to mention that if you're there at a time OTHER than a hot summer day check out the chocolate shop across the street (chocolate in your saddle bag on a hot day is NOT a pretty picture). I can't recall the name of it, but there's only one.
Wiseman House is the chocolate house. Very Good! Been there many times since I only live a few miles away.

FM 1238.....:rider: one of the best roads and the Koffe Kup is at the top of the chart. :clap:

Back