• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi! Glad to be included in this community!

Reaction score
Hello, y'all!

I have been a rider since I was 15 and still find great connections to the world around me when I am out there on two wheels.

Starting with a Honda 90 Scrambler there have been five bikes to serve as my trusty (usually) steel steeds over the years.

Currently I ride a '06 Buell Ulysses (XB12X) and enjoy it as a good all around capable machine that can handle a logging trial or the interstate with equal aplomb.

30i9lz7.jpg

My thanks to Darmie for introducing me to this forum.

There is a new section of road that has just been completed and it allows me to get to the Starbucks on FM518 at Barry Rose in just a few minutes, so the other day I made a quick trip for a pound of one of my favorite roasts. When I pulled into the parking lot I noticed a distinguished looking gentleman on a Kawasaki V-Strom also parking.

We made it to the door about the same time and I held it open with a nod of the head to say "hi".

By the time I found my bag of coffee and made my way to the counter Darmie was ahead of me in line. He simply told the Barista to add my coffee to his bill.

Oh, I was not on my bike for this run, so this was not a courtesy among bikers, this was Darmie just being a nice guy.

If "birds of a feather flock together" then I suspect I will meet other nice and considerate people here, so thanks, Darmie, for the coffee and the introduction to Two Wheeled Texans!

Last edited:
Back