• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cardboard Radiator Grill ????

Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Wells III
Was going through my footage from yesterdays ride and came across this. Looks like the guy had no clue that he had that on his car. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F27iIu_JCzQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUa5nV2VOnSSyPVjUdRIRZdQ"]Cardboard Radiator Grill *** - YouTube[/ame]

Hopefully he'll notice when the temperature gauge starts to climb.

When one of my buddies that were riding with me that day saw the video. He brought up that it had to be the big piece of cardboard that a few smaller size pieces came from and almost hit him.

Up north, we used to do that on purpose in the winter. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When I got out of the Army in '77 & picked up my car (returning from Europe), I drove into a massive blizzard & got caught in subzero weather - and my danged thermostat froze in the open position and was stuck permanently. I had a pound of cardboard packed around the radiator of my Opel to keep it at running temperature. Also so I wouldn't get frostbite.

Back