• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Crooked Creek on a Versys

jqueen

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
There has been some discussion on the Versys boards about how a Versys isn't a dual sport bike... As in don't take it on dirt roads even. I thought it handled pretty well in the dirt, so I decided to test it out on the trails. It actually went much better than expected.

Bike has Shinko 705 tires, which means the front is almost the same height as a 19" front tire. The fender had to be raised to fit it. Other than that and a Seat Concepts seat, it is all stock. No suspension mods, no engine protection, etc. I would not take it to a rocky nasty place, because the penalty for dropping it would be too high.

Video quality isn't as good as I like.. I'm going to try and fix that later.. The hardest parts are at 3:37, but some of the twisty parts look pretty good..

Last edited:
Will have some other videos. Got some crashes, and some of a little 2-up action on the trails.

Looks like you got around fairly well. The back suspension looked like it was getting a workout though.

Looks like you got around fairly well. The back suspension looked like it was getting a workout though.

The rear is actually pretty firm, and handled better than most street bikes probably would. The front was a little too soft as far as damping goes, but I only bottomed it once. It may not look like it, but I slowed down for every impact- you can't roll over logs and braking bumps like you would on a dirt bike..

Back