• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interest in Big Bike ride at Barnwell Mtn?

Downs

Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Barnwell Mtn Recreation area in Gilmer, Tx looks like it has some areas that would be big bike accessible. Mainly the "ADVENTURE LOOP" that is about 16 miles long. I've attached a YouTube video of the loop and after skimming though it nothing really catches my eye that would makes it look like it's not be doable on a Big Bike.

They have other lower rated trails as well but I haven't researched them or looked at youtube videos so unsure on bike bike suitability.

This is just to measure interest I haven't started setting up or planning a date yet. Even if we only get a couple of bikes it should be fun and possibly a good learning experience for those new to the big pig bikes.

I haven't been in a long time but the actual single track would not be big bike friendly, heck some isn't little bike friendly, lol!

Yeah i wouldnt be up for single track either on the Strom.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I would at least enjoy the ride over.

Would assess the size of my juevos once there.

I'd participate for sure. Considered going with a group last weekend but I'd have been the only big bike there, and since I haven't been before I figured I'd wait for a more similar group.

I’d be interested depending on the date and duration. I’d be on my Stelvio[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be interested but not if we have to pay the full day use fee of $30 to ride only that one loop.

I figured we could poke around on some of the other trails that are rated 2 or less as well.

I'm kind of interested. I have a 09 Versys 650. Currently the tires won't work out there at all, but I plan on some K60 Scout tires as soon as I burn through what I have.

I am still learning how to make a u-turn in a parking lot with something bigger than a 250 CC bike. I intend to take my Versys to CO and NM at some point for some adventures, but that will probably be next year at the earliest.

I may take a ride out to Barnwell soon though just to look around. Riding there is part of the adventure right?

I figured we could poke around on some of the other trails that are rated 2 or less as well.

In my experience those ratings don't mean much. They were rated when the trails were cut, then add 10 or 20 years of erosion and abuse.

I'm interested as well, once I get crash bars, skid plate, bark busters and some suitable dirt tires installed on the AT. Never mind, it's going to be a while.

Back