• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Riding Twisted Sisters solo (Sept 28-30th) - campground question / join me!

Reaction score
Friends backed out from the trip so decided to do my first solo camping trip and ride the Twisted Sisters.

Since I dont have experience moto camping, I was hoping to start easy with just a tent and a sleeping bag while avoiding any cooking.

Any recs for a busy camp ground?

Also, feel free to join me! (Im riding a Tiger 800, so can do trail riding as well)

-Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I like Pioneer RV park in Bandera. They have tent sites by the river and nice showers. Plus you can walk into town for live music and adult beverages.

Or the RV park in Junction.
Or Lost Maples State Park
Or Garner State Park
... but both the parks would require bringing food or eating on the road

Thanks guys! Yea the plan was to stop by a store or a restaurant and get some food on the way. Alternatively to set up the tent and head for a ride to the nearest location.

Safe to assume that there are good food options in the area?

I always camp at Garner SP and head into Leakey for grub, not a ton of options but you're covered for bfast/lunch/dinner.

I'm considering a similar trip that weekend in the area, I'll PM you next week if I end up going.

I always camp at Garner SP and head into Leakey for grub, not a ton of options but you're covered for bfast/lunch/dinner.

I'm considering a similar trip that weekend in the area, I'll PM you next week if I end up going.

Thanks man! I decided to make a slight change of plans and join the guys/gals at the Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - Sat 9/29/18

I figured, I can always come back and do the 3 sisters, but cant always get the chance to ride the nice trails only the locals would know.

Back