• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Check the tire size on the bike....

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Loggins
So....I decided to change the rear tire on my GS last night after burning up the last of the tread on the old tire last weekend.

This is my first tire change on the GS as I've only owned it since April and only put about 3K miles on it. I had bought the replacement tire a couple months ago as the one on it was getting low, but I was using the rest of the tread up.

Anjyway....I pulled the wheel and removed the old tire. Then I got the new tire and it mounted extremely easy. Way too easy.

I knew it before I looked but sure enough, I had an 18" new tire and the old one was a 17". Ugh....

I think I just looked up the tire size on the Internet and I must have gotten an incorrect spec or something. In the future....I'll remember to read the tire that's actually on the bike before ordering a new one.

For last night....I had a 60/40 rear that came with the bike from the previous owner so I threw that on instead.

Now I get to try and return a tire that I've had for 2 months in the garage. We'll see how American Moto Tire responds to my request. :)

Last edited:
If I check the size, I forget to check tread direction, if I check tread direction I forget to check size. If I check size and tread direction, I forget to line up the balancing dot.....

This is why I would go broke if I had a mc repair business:)

Want a tubeless Shinko 805 for your AT?

I just looked on AMT and I ordered it back in July. Pretty sure they're not going to let me return it 5 months later.

This is why I would go broke if I had a mc repair business:)

Or after spin balancing, break down the tire, spin 180* on the rim in order to reduce the amount of wheel weight needed.

Same here ...

What size is the 805 ... a 150?

Or after spin balancing, break down the tire, spin 180* on the rim in order to reduce the amount of wheel weight needed.

Same here ...

What size is the 805 ... a 150?

Yes... SHINKO CROSSFLY 805 150/70-18 70Q

Probably a bit wide for mini me ... been looking at the 805s ...

Also looking at the Motoz Enduro IT for when the Michelins burn up.
Thinking I could get a 130 or maybe a 140 between the rails.

On a side note ... save your back ...

pit_bull_pit_crew_tire_wedge_750x750.jpg

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...I7W0EfEQMbtHm0GyK7OGZP1AD4vllcORoCKH4QAvD_BwE

Doug has one and it makes life so much easier.

Last edited:
Probably a bit wide for mini me ... been looking at the 805s ...

Also looking at the Motoz Enduro IT for when the Michelins burn up.
Yeah...it's too much tire for a small bike or I could use it on my WR.

Want a tubeless Shinko 805 for your AT?

I just looked on AMT and I ordered it back in July. Pretty sure they're not going to let me return it 5 months later.

Sure, just let me know how much you want for it. I usually get about 3500 miles from them.

Back