• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

latest DR350 issue

DaveW

Reaction score
Hi all,
Got the breather hose squared away, thanks again. Changed the front tire, first time there and no pinched hose, so happy with that. Now the latest issue is that the bike started fine yesterday after about 5-10 minutes of riding died and didn't want to restart, appeared battery was weak, After I went to get the trailer, it started right up without a problem. This morning went out and it fired right up and idled away as I geared up. Headed out again and got about 5 minutes down the road and it died again, again not wanting to restart. Battery again showing weaker, so charging up a new one now to eliminate that issue, but not sure why it would just die when running. Carb was rebuilt and there was no hesitation, it either starts or it is just limp. I know from another list that 'it's always the battery', but is there something else I should be looking at?

btw, put a voltmeter on the battery with the bike running and it showed around 13.3, which sounds low to me, so wondering if the magneto isn't part of the problem...The bike is a 97 DR350 SE which I am beginning to be much less fond of, yet hoping to have squared away for the rally this weekend.

Thanks again,
Dave

Back