• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Flip-to-fit folding wrench

Interesting idea but I think I'll wait for a ride report on it before looking to buy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting idea but I think I'll wait for a ride report on it before looking to buy one.

There is a very lengthy review at the bottom of link but it does seem to be written like product marketing text.

I'm a cheapskate so will wait until Harbor Freight sells the $8 version.

_

Saw that in the store the other day. It'd be nice for a motorcycle toolkit where one wrench can take the space of several. Everything we can do to conserve space, right? Now, someone buy one and try it out!

I can think of too many places where that wrench simply wouldn't fit, or if you try sliding the wrench on the side, it'll change its size unless you get it *just* right.

I don't understand what is wrong with a regular wrench. And a regular one can get on smaller nuts than this one. Once all the spacers are flipped in, this one is unable to go smaller.

The Black and Decker electric adjustable wrench looks like it would have some utility. It's often ridiculously hard to adjust a crescent wrench onto a nut. The forward/back switch on this wrench looks very handy. As for the flip-to-fit wrench, I will let others try it.

The Black and Decker electric adjustable wrench looks like it would have some utility. It's often ridiculously hard to adjust a crescent wrench onto a nut. The forward/back switch on this wrench looks very handy. As for the flip-to-fit wrench, I will let others try it.

Don't try it, I promise!!!!:giveup: Rachel got one for Christmas one year and it has to be built so loose so the motor can turn it, that it never actually gets a good grip on the nut and/or bolt. It would be fine for maybe a kitchen drawer, or even a white elephant gift exchange, but I wouldn't try it on something tough. We ended up giving it to a guy at work that had the matching "motorized" tape measure.:trust:

Thanks, Bill, for saving me from that one. Too bad. I wonder if there's a better product to be made there. Not electric maybe, but with the adjuster on the top of the wrench instead of the side.

Craftsman used to advertise some kind of multi-faceted thing that automatically adjusted itself around a bolt. Don't know if it was any good or not.

Looks like a good idea on paper. I think the best way to assemble your tool kit is to just keep track of the things you think you may be able to repair on the side of the road and put in those tools. On a cruiser like mine there are only about 4 different wrench sizes plus a 6mm allen, plus a few phillips heads. Add in a pair of needlenose, regular pliars, and a crescent wrench and you have a pretty complete toolkit.

Back