• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2004 Burgman 650 CVT Belt replacement help

cheez

Reaction score
Hiya folks-
I'm in dire need of a CVT belt replacement on my '04 Burg 650. Problem is, I suck with a wrench (little experience) and really, _really_ could use the assistance of someone with experience doing it. I'm really looking for help from anyone who's changed one of these before, but I'd like to do it myself in order to get more comfortable with this type of mechanical work- I'm just inexperienced, not unwilling. I've read over the howto on BurgmanUSA.com but I'm just not 100% comfortable undertaking work which would leave the bike immobilized if I mess it up.

I've got a nice garage which would be suitable for this kind of work, but if whoever volunteers would rather do it at their place, I can dig it- just let me know. I can order the parts as soon as I hear back about assistance- if I can't find someone to help, I'll wind up taking it up to Cycle Center of Denton, to the mechanic I have work on my VTX1800R, to do it, so there's no point in my ordering parts until I'm certain I'm doing it.

Thanks for reading, and if you're willing, expect some kind of compensation for your effort (beer, wine, whiskey, pizza, a small donation to your favorite charity, whatever floats your boat- just let me know.)

Head to BurgmanUSA.com

The big burgman has a cog transmission and breakdown is a big pain. I'd definitely want someone who has done it before.

Head to BurgmanUSA.com

The big burgman has a cog transmission and breakdown is a big pain. I'd definitely want someone who has done it before.

When you get to the site, check out the Knowledge Base - there's a lot of stuff on the 650 (more than on the 400). If you're not already a member, join up - lot of helpful folks on there.

Back