• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Let's Talk Welding Machines

Here she is. Miller Dynasty 200 DX. Got a great deal on it since it's been used in a full-on welding shop until the owner had to lay off a bunch of workers.

That little grinder on top I thought may be useful for grinding tungsten, but I haven't given it a try yet. And I'll be grinding a lot of tungsten for a while. :giveup:

897406084_KTGqR-L.jpg

So if your buddy ever has another deal on a TIG setup can you let me know?:trust:

Another No0b's Experience.....

This guy over on ADV bought a chinese made TIG (Everlast) and started practicing welding with it.

Really interesting parallel to what I'm trying to do, although he's farther along than I. He's got a lot of pics in that thread and it's fairly well documented.

I thought I was enthusiastic about learning welding. This guy is nuts! Check out the photo he posted of his "argon regulator"......the caption says "It tips the scales at over a pound" :trust: :clap: I guess he's kind of surprised at how well made his equipment is, being from China.

story here

In another thread we were talking about welding and welding aluminum came up. I was going thru the pics on a old phone and found a pic of my first and so far only attemp at welding aluminum.

Done with a Miller MIG welder with the aluminum attachment

IMG00885-L.jpg

Back