• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Tuesday Breakfast

Have you considered doing a Thelma & Louise? That would be spectacular.

Don't think I'm quite ready for that one yet, even though I'm a big enough boy to be both Thelma and Louise. I've always told my niece that if I get some kind of terminal disease, I'll take one of my CR500s out to the Grand Canyon and jump it.:flip:

I am taking my Wing to Lundsford for the brake recall tomorrow. They say it will take them a day and half, so I have it on the trailer now, because I don't really want to spend the night. On my way in I think I will stop and have breakfast at Uncle Wankies.

Never eaten there, but if nothing else ya gotta love the name, right?

I'll be there but I need a couple of answers. 8:30 or 9:00?
Are people that eat there referred to as wankers?

I'll be there but I need a couple of answers. 8:30 or 9:00?
Are people that eat there referred to as wankers?

9:00a or later if you wish and I am not sure what the attendees are called ... umm ... Johns??? (sorry john :oops:) Laura says she will be hurting me!

I suggest we do Tony's Family Restaurant in Sealy like we planned a couple weeks ago. I'll see everyone who can make it at 9:00a.

Afterwards, those that want can do the Fayetteville loop. The guy who developed the route says it's about 50 percent dirt with a couple of river crossings. I have attached the route. I took the paved roads from Brookshire to Sealy out and left most the roads north of Sealy, so it should be more than 50 percent dirt. Looks like around a 160 mile loop.

Attachments

• FayettevilleLoop.gdb
    137.4 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:
John should like that route. If he listens carefully he'll hear the hellions in his hood!

I'll be there by 9:00 and will ride as far as my KTM will take me. I'll have to put it up on my lift tonight to check the tires.

I'll be there by 9:00 and will ride as far as my KTM will take me. I'll have to put it up on my lift tonight to check the tires.

Make sure you wear a helmet.
... and make sure the camera is rolling.

Well, Chuck was late so John and I figured he was just dropping off his KTM (from 8 feet). It was a good ride after breakfast though.

fxv0ppzZGuGU4-IX-tIY3qnCzoOrOx6ptCPVBh_H5hQ6UK09bmOdSpys-0c81supkKy4AChYH1bpaT6P__=w1162-h653-no.jpg

I was very lucky today. First, I nearly dropped my phone when it fell out of my topcase, but I fortunately caught it with my knee against the side of the tank. Second, when Chuck and I didn't get shot crossing private property near the end of the ride. Third, when I got home and found a 3/4" remains of a nail sticking in my tire but didn't go through to cause a flat.

Around 160 miles with about half of which is what I call fast dirt. We also had a fairly long river crossing that I will have to go back and get a picture. It was at least 100 feet across, may be 3 feet deep. Will have to add this to the list of loops in the area.

Good times.

How about the Egg & I on Nasa Rd 1 for breakfast tomorrow? 9am.

I can make that. Saw a picture on another site yesterday that I thought might inspire you for Big Bend:

Attachments

• Chris-Birch-KTM-1190-Adventure-off-road-07.jpg
    Chris-Birch-KTM-1190-Adventure-off-road-07.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 200
Hard to say; you never know what that bump on the head did to Chuck.

Hard to say; you never know what that bump on the head did to Chuck.
I think it would have had to take the whole head off from him to do that. Me, I have done that plenty of times ... but not on purpose! :-)

I was going to ride the wing, but for reasons I will explain later, I am driving. So, I may be a little late if I run into traffic.

Isn't that in a field? It may be a little cold and wet tomorrow per the weatherman.

Ok, it's 0830, I'm here. What time do you guys meet these days?

Back