• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trials Riding

Did the CTTA event at Emma over the weekend again (novice). It was awesome as expected. Felt tougher than when I did it for the first time last year, and any worries in not getting my money's worth got dispelled immediately. Got lots of great advice for getting better. It's always a treat getting to watch and study the expert and master riders afterwards too.

Did the CTTA event at Emma over the weekend again (novice). It was awesome as expected. Felt tougher than when I did it for the first time last year, and any worries in not getting my money's worth got dispelled immediately. Got lots of great advice for getting better. It's always a treat getting to watch and study the expert and master riders afterwards too.

I was there also in Novice class. I got stuck on section 8 (first section for novice) for 45 min so I was running short of time at the end and had to take a 5 on several sections on 3rd loop to make it to section 7 by the one o'clock deadline. That was my only complaint about the day. The sections were great. The loop wore me out a good bit though.

Do you all have any photos? Please post if you do.

I didn't get any photos. I wished I had though. Emma long has the best terrain for trials that i've seen first hand by a good measure. I was told by someone at the event that it is the hardest trials venue in the state but I can't personally confirm that as i've not seen them all yet. It was more difficult than Cow Creek and Twin Hills (Bridgeport) in my opinion though but also more fun. I have a video of my last section at Bridgeport on Sunday but it looks pretty lame since i'm just a novice. I will see if I can post it anyway though.

Wow, a conversation about Trials bikes' whod'a thunk it. :sun:

I fell in love with that style of riding when I watched On Andy Sunday as a kid many years ago. I went nuts afterwards buying many different Cycle magazines to read up on the sport.

It just seemed that the sport was mostly popular in Europe only; well and California, which would've been like Europe to a 9-10 year old kid at the time. Bunch of us boys used to bicycle downtown on Saturdays from our hood in Montrose. Watch a James Bond movie at the Allen Park Inn theatre. Then rush over to Bruce Bristol Honda to sit on the Mini-Trails and 125cc Scramblers'. Not alot of Trials bikes, if any, were in their as I recall.

Just never saw enough info of Trials biking in the Houston area for anyone to pursue that. Well H-town not exactly the best hilly-mountainous terrain, right. We all bought 100cc-125cc's Kawi, Yammie Enduros' as our first bikes and rode the Buffalo Bayous. I'd be off on my own trying to jump stumps and climb trees' on my little blue Kawi, while friends chased each other around on theirs. Asking what the **** I was trying to do. :rider:

I always just liked the look of the Trials bikes best, Bultaco, Montessa, Ossa and many more bikes' I'd never see in person. So maybe I get a chance to at least see the sport in person now if I head to one of those Trials Test runs.

Heck, I just bought my '11 Wee 3 weeks ago after being off bikes over 15+ years. So anythings possible. Im'a SUB this thread and keep watching. Great for those that are finding this sport or still supporting it. Nice to know there's still places that type of riding is happening. Cheers! :clap:

We had Pat Smage out at the Wilderness Rider Buffalo Ranch this past weekend. Unfortunately due to a family medical emergency, I was not there to join him. However he did bring along his fiance, and a pro level video camera to record some of the fun. You will have to wait until a finished film is released later on this year to see the most amazing feats, but he does have a quick teaser up already. I can't believe I had to miss him seriously jumping off in it on my place. My brother said it was epic! Pat says they had a great time, and thats what matters most.

My next bike will be a trials bike. We need to setup some nice sections on our dripping springs property. It has some great rocky hills and a few rock outcroppings to make some really fun traps. Need to wait a bit the Husky set me back a bit, but maybe I will start to go out and cut some paths in the cedars and practice with the Husky.

We had Pat Smage out at the Wilderness Rider Buffalo Ranch this past weekend. Unfortunately due to a family medical emergency, I was not there to join him. However he did bring along his fiance, and a pro level video camera to record some of the fun. You will have to wait until a finished film is released later on this year to see the most amazing feats, but he does have a quick teaser up already. I can't believe I had to miss him seriously jumping off in it on my place. My brother said it was epic! Pat says they had a great time, and thats what matters most.

Pat is looking good this year. Saw some videos of some sections he rode at nationals in Palo Duro Canyon. He cleaned every one that I saw and made it look easy.

I love trials, I have owned a few in the last 4 years. I have a 2009 Beta Evo 300 4T for sale if anyone is looking for a bike. I love riding trials but have a lumbar fusion surgery scheduled for June 7th and won't be riding for a year or so and would like this bike to go to use and not just collect dust.

Sorry to hear about your back

I am interested in it any additional info?

I love trials, I have owned a few in the last 4 years. I have a 2009 Beta Evo 300 4T for sale if anyone is looking for a bike. I love riding trials but have a lumbar fusion surgery scheduled for June 7th and won't be riding for a year or so and would like this bike to go to use and not just collect dust.

Info?

Sorry to hear about your back

I am interested in it any additional info?

His bike is listed for sale on Dallas/Fort Worth craigslist. Just type in trials in the search window under for sale - motorcycle and it should come up.

I didn't want to get in trouble for posting info here since I am new. It is on craigslist as mentioned. I am not firm on the price. It's a really nice bike and if it wasn't for not being able to ride for the next year probably (well ride hardcore dirt stuff) I wouldn't be selling it. I want to remove temptation to ride too soon, so selling is the best option. I am weak when it comes to motorcycles.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I sure have been hankering for a trials bike now that I am master of a trials riders paradise up here in NW Arkansas. I haven't been able to look on craigslist yet to see what the asking price is. Please could you PM me with a TWTers price. I promise it WILL get thouroughly ridden and enjoyed. And you would be welcome to come visit, and check up on how it is being kept, any time at the Wilderness Rider Buffalo Ranch. How 'bout it... Wanna gimme a deal I just can't refuse? You would delight a 60 year old dirt rider who has toyed with the notion of getting a trials bike for decades. And you will be sending your bike to the promised land of trials riding areas!
OK that was my best 3 pitches; the burner, the slider, & the curve ball
Now awaiting your response sir...

Back