• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Any dirt parks near North DFW

teizms

Reaction score
Hello folks,
I am new to the Dallas area and for the life of my cant find any dirt parks less than 3 hours away.. Any ideas on where i can get casual dirt practice near Plano/Richardson?

Thanks

There is also Rocky Ridge between Decatur and Denton on FM-51.
Red River is bigger with one area set aside for bikes preserving the narrow single track. Highly recommend Red River.

i was hoping there would be something withing a 30 minute ride of plano.. go and ride for half a day and come back

but these two options are not bad, around 2 hours each way

The biggest downside of TX is that it is 99% private land. So there are very few options compared to other states that feature tons of public land every where you turn.

If it's to get dirt time on the r1200gs, I'm not sure where I would take it.

I have been wanting to see what this one is, it is close in Trophy Club

maybe after I take my RayHyde course in July I can get some time to go check it out.

Been out there many a times. It is great for a morning or afternoon of fun. Here is the basic rundown of the trail conditions. Nothing is difficult out there at all, even the expert only trail. I took someone down there on her first ever day of motorcycle riding on an XR80 and she did just fine. If it rained it will be very soupy. There are tons of mudholes to try to avoid. If it hasn't rained in awhile there will be sections that are extremely hard-packed, or extremely deep and sandy. Those are the two types of trail conditions out there. But it is a great little place to go if you only have a day or less to spend riding.

Been out there many a times. It is great for a morning or afternoon of fun. Here is the basic rundown of the trail conditions. Nothing is difficult out there at all, even the expert only trail. I took someone down there on her first ever day of motorcycle riding on an XR80 and she did just fine. If it rained it will be very soupy. There are tons of mudholes to try to avoid. If it hasn't rained in awhile there will be sections that are extremely hard-packed, or extremely deep and sandy. Those are the two types of trail conditions out there. But it is a great little place to go if you only have a day or less to spend riding.

Which place are you talking about??

Thanks Bill, sounds like a good warm up place, I am only about 10 minutes away from there.

Back