• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi from San Angelo

Reaction score
Kinda new here (obviously), Just a quick note...

Ride an '85 K100RT (Old Reliable - had it for 16 years now). Occasionally known to hang out for breakfast (first Sat. of the month, 9:00 am at the Bowling Alley Cafe) with the Beemer Bunch (organized by our own Dr. Phil). Other interests include bullet-launchers (antique, preferably).

Next activity'll be the "Great Dinosaur Race (bikes 25 yrs old or older)" in San Angelo - starts at 3:30pm at the Knickerbocker Community Center & Post Office & ends at the annual bbq in Christoval.

Welcome to the site.

We come out to your area once a year for a race out at Cave Springs Ranch.

Welcome!
I've been through your town but it's been a while...
You've got a lot of riders?:rider:

Hola!
And did I see you at the Charity ride last weekend? Even with warnings they had two or three going too fast on Burma Road and not make the curves. There was one older Beemer there with all the HDs and an old Ducati, and a bunch of newer bikes.

I'm Bill, often seen on red/black Vulcan 900LT, yellow or white jacket and white helmet. Of course not a Beemer rider, but may have to try to stop by on a Saturday at Sherwood Lanes. We have about 6 that ride with Patriot Guard, and a bunch from the base. I have one ham friend, Bill who rides a Beemer and he might already meet up with y'all, I don't know. Glad to see you on the site. And yes SJT has more and more riders every week.
I guess since the only Dinosaur is me, can't do the the Dino run.
We have a group from Mother Shannon that ride on Wednesday evenings and I hope to meet up and ride with them some evening.
And the base riders do a ride almost every Saturday am. And I haven't made one of their rides.
CU on the streets I hope.
Bill
WB5ZAM

Well, we've got close to 50 "on the books", but it's a "whoever shows up" kinda thing. Nice "club"...No dues, no awfishul duties,, etc., and Dr. Phil is the "de-facto President" since he rounded us all up outta the woodwork! ;-)

Welcome to the site, never been to San Angelo but I now work for an orthopedic surgeon who just came from there. Any good roads to ride out that way?:rider:

Snuffcity,

A good (short to some) ride is from Angelo on SR 208 to Robert Lee, lunch at either the Cracker Box or Rangel's, then back to Angelo via 2082 and Water Valley (last part's REAL boring on US 87, tho...). ALso, Angelo - Ballinger - coleman/Brownwood.;-)

:welcome:

San Angelo is my hometown. My gramma still lives there and I go over frequently. Hope to run into you sometime.

I taught at Central High in the mid 70's finished up at Mitsubishi Aircraft until I left the area. Lived on Ave J and did a lot of riding with Guy Hawkins at Twin Buttes and around the lakes. Still riding today on my R75/5 BMW. Now in Brownsville. We have a group page at yahoo groups. Leonardo Jose

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/RGVBWMR/

Leonardo,

Was in 'Angelo about the same time frame, for school at Goodfellow (Sept - Dec '79 - no bike, then) and was stationed back here in '88. Promptly picked up a '76 R75/6, and later a '85 K100RT (which I still have). Retire back here in '95.

Y'all will certainly be welcome, should you be back up this way, to the Beemer Bunch Breakfast on the 1st Sat of the month (Bowling Alley Cafe on Knickerbocker), 9:00am.

Bob Lippincott

Back