• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Our Alaskan Adventure

sahara

Reaction score
First Name
Sarah Moore
Last Name
Moore
My husband and I took a motorcycle vacation to Alaska. We left from Livingston, Texas and rode all the way there, a total of 10,492 miles. That completed the 50 states on a motorcycle for us.

A friend of mine made a webpage of this adventure. It consists of Parts 1 - 4. I hope you will find it enjoyable. You can find our journey with all the details and pictures at www.datalinkwebdesign.com/alaska

Nice report....

That has to be the earliest trip North I've read. Mine was about six weeks later and zero snow to deal with.

All our motorcycle friends told us that May was the time to go. The natives in Canada and Alaska all said it normally would be but their spring was about 3 weeks late. By the time we got to Fairbanks it was in the 70s and on our way home the lakes and rivers were no longer frozen. And you can see from the pictures we were able to do the Riverboat Discovery on a paddle boat but it was really cold on the way there.

Back