• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tooling around Eureka Springs

Reaction score
Everyone has been here so no boring ride reports...........it's NW Arkansas, even the bad roads are great roads.

Made it here with the mini bike on the trailer, that's a Suzuki C90T as opposed to our land yacht the Beemer 1200LT.

Observations thus far from the Memorial Day weekend;

Tall Pines Inn is a great Place to stay if you prioritize peace and tranquility
and lack of phones in the room. ( we love that part )
Free WiFi is available.
Rowdy Beaver is right across the street if you want a quick meal and a beer.

Di Vito's is always a great meal.
Garden Bistro is more that it promises from the exterior.
Local Flavor, no rush, service is at your pace and the food is fantastic.

Parking
Anyone that's been here knows that space is at a premium so we riders take as little of a single parking space as possible, allowing other bikes to share the space. This way 3 of 4 bikes can park in the same spot.
Riders of Euro and Asian bikes always contribute to the meter ( 25 cents every 15 minutes.) Harley riders NEVER do. Must have something
to do with the exorbitant price of the ride and limited cash flow???

Every Milwaukee bike comes sans sound suppression devices.
Our metric cruiser has stock pipes so people stare at us for the lack of noise.

And we're here all week!! :rider:

We ate at a new Chinese place on the south side of the road on the way to Berryville last week, very good food. and as always Pancakes is always a good breakfast stop

+1 on Local Flavor....one of my faves! Last time I was there I ate with Greeneggs and Ham and Mrs. C. :sun: Need to go back!

Our metric cruiser has stock pipes so people stare at us for the lack of noise.

^^ I love this...

Had a small girl jerk her hand from mommy so she could put her fingers in her ears when she saw me getting on my Goldwing. She got a puzzled look on her face when I started it, kept her ears plugged anyway. :mrgreen:

While you're there, check out Pivot Rock, right near Tall pines.

Beaver Bridge is worth a look too.

Bud, what is the name of the German place on the West side of town on US 23? It is a hotel but also has a restaurant with great food and a nice selection of brews...

we like Myrte Mays (sp) also cafe amore i think. In front of the Eldeweise inn. that is were our group stays every year. Great people run it and he is also a big cycle nut. He has a bunch of maps for the asking.
We did the Zip lines this year had a BLAST.
we alwasy make the 187 loop over the dam and the 1 lane bridge. also lunch at the cliff house outside jasper. among our 300 mile saturday ride.
etc etc.
Awesome area.
Michael

we like also Cafe Amore i think. In front of the Eldeweise inn. that is were our group stays every year. Great people run it and he is also a big cycle nut. He has a bunch of maps for the asking.
Michael

Edelweiss run by Brian and Cindy are indeed great people. If you're ever caught out short on a place to stay in ES, get with Cindy. She has a circle of friends in the ES hotel business and they all keep Edelweiss standards. She and Brian can find you a nice place to stay.

Also Katherine Zeller runs the Café Amore Italian restaurant. Next time you're in for a meal, call her out... she loves her motorcycle patrons.

And put in a plug for me! Tell 'em Stephen Slisz from DFW BMW sent ya'!

SS

Back