• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Africa Twin debut?

Don't know who put that comparison table together but I looked at only one line and found multiple errors. Didn't check the other 10 lines but good chance more errors also. I wouldn't trust that table.

Is that source reliable? Seems Honda would announce via press release not leak thru 2nd tier media source.

_

Is that source reliable? Seems Honda would announce via press release not leak thru 2nd tier media source.

_

The prices are on Honda's Motorsports website too.

GET READY FOR TRUE ADVENTURE

It’s been a long wait. But—trust us—it’s worth it. The all-new Honda Africa Twin is the machine that will let you wander wherever your adventures take you. The 998cc parallel twin uses Honda’s exclusive four-valve Unicam® cylinder-head design for smooth, tractable power. Offered with either a six-speed manual gearbox or a new DCT transmission with selectable on- and off-road modes, both versions have ABS standard with rear ABS on/off and Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC). MSRP is set at $12,999 for the base model, and $13,699 for the DCT version.

VIEW SPECIFICATIONS

It isn't my cup of tea, but still looks like it might fit the bill for some. I still want to ride one out of curiosity.

Probably using the same salesman tactic of jacking up the price after a year, like the CRF250L.

Really??? I didn't know that. Not that I was watching the CRF250L closely, but I thought it was a great price when released.

Really??? I didn't know that. Not that I was watching the CRF250L closely, but I thought it was a great price when released.

I think they were surprised by how many they sold. Evidently they didn't like the spot where price and demand crossed on the chart.

It's kind of a tradition at Honda. They raised the price of the ST-1300 in 2013 and 2014 even they were still selling 2012s new.

Last edited:
Better get one while they're still "cheap"!!! :)

I'm happy to see the released prices are fair. Now I just hope dealers don't get greedy.

Question for those that put down the $500 nonrefundable deposits. Did they guarantee you could purchase at MSRP without tacking on any exorbitant fluff charges?

_

I'm happy to see the released prices are fair. Now I just hope dealers don't get greedy.

Question for those that put down the $500 nonrefundable deposits. Did they guarantee you could purchase at MSRP without tacking on any exorbitant fluff charges?

_

MSRP? Who pays that? :eek2:

This whole thread reminds me of the MotoHouston site with all the nay Sayers and buzz killers.

I am still excited to see and ride this bike. I have always said that the "perfect bike" is the one you own and puts a smile on your face. Forget the excel spreadsheet statistics. :)

This whole thread reminds me of the MotoHouston site with all the nay Sayers and buzz killers.

I am still excited to see and ride this bike. I have always said that the "perfect bike" is the one you own and puts a smile on your face. Forget the excel spreadsheet statistics. :)
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

+2

+3 I cannot remember ever riding a bike that did not make me smile.:deal: Some of the smiles were bigger than on others.:mrgreen:

Back