• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New in Town

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, guys. Nothing new to report. My instructor was out of town 2 weekends ago and we were both too busy for a lesson this past weekend. Hopefully, we can make something happen this weekend. Thanks for all the support!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, guys. Nothing new to report. My instructor was out of town 2 weekends ago and we were both too busy for a lesson this past weekend. Hopefully, we can make something happen this weekend. Thanks for all the support!

Ha !

Just make sure you have some pics , and short clips of your progress .

We would all like to C you in action , At least I do anyway , :lol2:

Don't crash my junk , PLEASE . :lol2::lol2::mrgreen::rofl:

Good news! My instructor rode the bike for a bit earlier this week and got it running much better. We were not able to do a lesson today because he has no AC at his place but as soon as he gets it up and running, we're going to do a lesson. More pics and video this time will be forthcoming!

So my new instructor and I FINALLY had an actual lesson today. Look! We even have video:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JMtzLRmrR3U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For some reason, the video is not displaying so here is a link: https://youtu.be/JMtzLRmrR3U

Sorry it's not better. We waited til it got cool and unfortunately, it was also getting dark.

We worked on turns, understanding gear shifts, and using both brakes. I stayed in 1st gear this time and we're going to add 2nd gear next time.

I had SO much fun. Thank you again, Marko!

Last edited:
I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. My instructor and I have both been busy. The weather and my health have also factored into our lesson opportunities.

Here is another video. We've been practicing sharp turns, which I'm slowly getting better at.

Thanks for your patience, Marko!

https://youtu.be/WTDr3H_RPNU

We've been practicing switching from 1st to second and back to 1st. I forgot to mention that. I feel like I'm doing well. It is the coolest feeling to ride across that parking lot and just go.

Hey Marko!

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. We actually haven't done anything new on the bike lately. I've been trying to learn more about shifting gears so there's been a lot of me asking questions from the back of my instructor's bike and trying to see without spilling us over. No accidents so far! :D My instructor and I have been focusing on 'feeling' the bike ready to shift up or down, how it feels to shift gears, and what different gears feel like. He actually just got a new bike so we've been learning together. :rider:
As I'm sure you've figured out, my instructor and have decided that I am ready for something with a clutch. Pretending to squeeze the invisible clutch on the little red bike will only get me so far. :P
We were planning to do a beach trip down your way one weekend here soon and return the bike. I'll keep you posted on the when. We're waiting for the weather and our schedules to cooperate. :sun:

Thank you again for the loan and for all of your patience. I have definitely learned a lot.

Hello young lady , Galveston here .

If you wanna learn a little before getting a big bike ,

I'll be glad to let you use a Street legal, when I get the new plate sticker ,

and clean the carb , about an hour ,

A nice CT110 . If that's an option for ya ,

I'll get it going next week or so .

Yall can come pick it up and use it as long as you need till your ready to move to a bigger bike .

Maybe 1 of Jbirds CR500's once your ready .

:duck:

I'm wondering should I have just minded my own business .

That's one heck of an offer right there.

Yes I agree with ya J .

This is why TWT is such a wonderful place to be associated with.:clap:

Yes , I agree with ya KP .

That's how we roll.

Tell us all how you've been doing on 2 wheels up to this point .:shrug:

Hopefully everything been going smooth for you ?

You bout ready to bring my scooter on back to me ?

Enquirey Minds wanna know the scoop and whats going on . . :deal:

FILL US IN UP TO THIS POINT GsxrGrl .

Lemme see here , This is mid July of 18 , bike was picked up mid November of 14 , so a little more than 3 and 1/2 yrs if my math is right .

So you've had her about 42 months or more , plus a new inspection sticker , a new license plate sticker along with a full yr of insurance for ya when ya picked her up .

I thought I was doing the right thing , offering up a bike with the fixins to get you rolling on 2 , I think it was anyway .

I txted you earlier this morning but haven't got a reply , so I figured maybe your # changed or something , so i'm trying this way , hopefully you still check in here from time to time .

Dang Biggie that sucks. We need to put out a TWT APB on it now.

She created a new login - TexasFleur. You may be able to reach her through that. I have Chad’s phone number if you need it. After I fixed the bike, it was in running condition when I left around 2 months ago.

Saw her at our regular bike night tonight, and gave her your number. Hopefully she'll call you.

So 5 days after being given your number (that she already had before anyway) and being informed you're posting and inquiring about the return of your bike after 3-1/2 years, not a single call, PM or text? Totally unexcuseable. And this was after she stated 1-1/2 years ago that your bike would be returned soon once a weekend with good weather comes along.

And meanwhile she is still attending TWT posted meets? Come on GsxrGirl or TexasFleur whoever you are, wake up. If not her, how about her BF or parents who also are on TWT? Someone light a fire and get her to return the borrowed property ASAP.

_

I'm starting to think she either doesn't have the bike or something is wrong with it and she is reluctant to return it.

Back