• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GoPro Hero3 Black in Mexico

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Hola Amigos

[ame="http://vimeo.com/57501980"]LINK[/ame]

Date: 15 January 2013

Time: About 10 am

Camera: GoPro Hero3 Black Edition with optional battery backpack

Music: Steely Dan

Setting: 720p

Camera Mount: Helmet side mount

Editing Software: IMovie (for IPad)

Editing Platform: IPad 3

Hosting Site: Vimeo

Notes:

"Go Full Screen!"

The location of the camera is a side mount on the chinbar of a Schuberth C3. This is MUCH better (for me) than any bike mount.

I initially tried to use the WiFi remote, but found that unnecessary since I could easily turn the camera on and off using my gloved right hand. I could check for the blinking red "on" light in the bike's right mirror.

I did almost zero editing on this clip as I will do a better job (ha! in my opinon only) on the MacBook, again using IMovie but the more powerful version of it. The IPad version is only basic.

Note the appearance of a small part of the helmet visor. Initially, it destracted me, but I found that it helped the context of the message, again IMHO.

I've got more video of Mil Cumbres, Mex200 and other roads and I'll make one final video of all.

Last edited:
All y'all thinking you need the 1080 plus resolutions on your cameras, think again.

Unless and until you are involved in rendering video for commercial use, stick to the lower resolutions.

Your primary consideration is conveying an idea, and your next consideration, equally as important, is getting your idea to media. If you use resolutions higher than 720, you'll begin to choke most platforms, and what's worse, your audience won't know the difference anyways.

Keep that in mind when you are blitzed with the Hi Def ads.

Yeah I never use full 1080p on mine and didn't on my old one. The higher versions though have other features I like: higher mp for still pics etc...

Back