• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike friendly hang out

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Hey folks...got a few ST riders (like me) heading down for the MotoGP, and we're searching for a biker friendly place to hang out and visit for a while in the general area. As crazy as it sounds, living only 30 miles (or so) away, I've never really ventured up to Austin. Things tend to be kind of crazy on the roadways, so just never went.

Some sort of place that welcomes regular bikes, and not the typical Harley sort of hangout. Any ideas out there?

Ming's. The Draught House. Some more may pop in my head eventually.

The Hot Rod Trailer or Billy's on Burnet have always been pretty good to us.

Joe's Coffee Shop on South Congress is a hangout.... As is Docs just to the North a 1/3 mile or so.

I had lunch at a place called "Hardtails" in George Town. It was a pretty good lunch. It may favor the V-Twin riders, but we showed up as a mix bag of bikes and had a good experience. The owner is veteran from 4ID and we road down from Fort Hood. I would readily go back again.

Considering how many bikes will be in Austin for MotoGP, I'd say just look for a place that has a bunch of ST bikes out front and go there.

Back