• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy! Dallasite here

Most of us can't remember the NEW name. Gotta say, though, I can't say I miss the noise. I'm in Arlington, but was occasionally at Ridgemar Mall when a B-52 was lifting off. Pretty much brought the whole mall to a halt.

Proved the point of how young I am compared to this crowd. I've only been in since breakfast here xD

Eh I'm 32. Not THAT old lol.

Most of us can't remember the NEW name. Gotta say, though, I can't say I miss the noise. I'm in Arlington, but was occasionally at Ridgemar Mall when a B-52 was lifting off. Pretty much brought the whole mall to a halt.

Still plenty of noise over there haha :) Everyonce in a blue moon we'd get a B-52 while I was stationed there. Even got to stand on the hangar and watch the 747 hauling the space shuttle piggy back landing one time. :rider:

Eh I'm 32. Not THAT old lol.

Still plenty of noise over there haha :) Everyonce in a blue moon we'd get a B-52 while I was stationed there. Even got to stand on the hangar and watch the 747 hauling the space shuttle piggy back landing one time. :rider:

Oh another breakfast member then. :P

You know the FTW Alliance Airshow is Oct 28th and 29th...

Performers:
USN Blue Angels
USAF F-16 Viper Demo
USAF F-16 Heritage Flight
Bob Carlton SubSonex MicroJet
Rob Holland MXS
Sean D. Tucker Oracle Challenger
P-47 Thunderbolt

You know the FTW Alliance Airshow is Oct 28th and 29th...

Performers:
USN Blue Angels
USAF F-16 Viper Demo
USAF F-16 Heritage Flight
Bob Carlton SubSonex MicroJet
Rob Holland MXS
Sean D. Tucker Oracle Challenger
P-47 Thunderbolt

I was stationed at their winter home in El Centro when they came through. Got to see 'em practice everyday they were there, two years in a row. Not to mention having to work the airshow. :/ Was still fun though.

Welcome!
Hey, get some new tires on that thing!
It's in the works.

Gonna order some on the interwebs soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

OK... So tires were just ordered: Should be at my shop on the 1st.

Shinko 712 Rear / 120/90-18 65H

Shinko 230 Tour Master Tires Front / 110/90-18 61V

Now where is a place that wont rape me on $$ to get an on-bike install done? In the East Dallas Area would be preferable.

Last edited:
nvr mind,

just edited stuff in the above post

Last edited:
Thread Revival!

So i my tapatalky thing on my phone went tits up and i just now relized it. so yeah... Snuffaluffagus has new shoes, and it rides like a new bike.

had some issues, like a clutch cable snap on me when i was 30 miles from home, and a key that fell out of the cylinder mid ride and i didnt realize i till i got back. that was fun.

but I ride just about every day from the Dallas VA to work in Deep Ellum and back. If you see a Black and White KZ1000P with all LED lighting and 4 insanely bright brake lights being ridden by a tall goofy white guy with a neon helmet, slide on up and say hi.

Did a few laps around Thailand in 1967 in a C130 but that wasn't bad (except for the metal runways) compared to the ride back from McMurdo to Christchurch. If they had a little head wind they had to turn back and wait for more favorable conditions. The ride down there was much nicer in the big C5. :)

I did Avation Life Support on C-130s while I was in the Marine Corps. Loved every second I got to work on that aircraft. Took me all over the world. Low and slow.

Until they use JATO rockets... Had that happen on a short air field in Somalia back when we were there... You definitely want to be strapped down for that. It's violent, lol.

Until they use JATO rockets... Had that happen on a short air field in Somalia back when we were there... You definitely want to be strapped down for that. It's violent, lol.

I did a JATO shot with the Blue Angels. One of the last they did plus a full airshow flight. They said the supply of bottles was drying up so they had 4 more shots after ours before they stopped doing them. Was a ton of fun. A few guys puked haha.

The combat landing was just as good. Not many other folks can make a 100,000 lb airplane dance like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back