• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arrowhead...a rare vendor

_RG_

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Folks, it's always easy for me to gripe...seems to come natural. But when something, or this case someone, goes way beyond the call of duty - I feel like it's worth killing some pixels to let other riders know about it.

I rolled into Moab a couple weeks ago with a KLR that had a 15 tooth sprocket and was drowning on gas. I remembered ordering some stuff from a place there called Arrowhead MotorSports. Figured, what the heck...go see if I can find it and get a 14 tooth sprocket.

Found the place and wandered around in the shop looking over inventory. The fellow there was catching phone call orders and straightening out cycle magazine writers the whole time...one call after another. He finally caught a break and came over to see what a noob like me could possibly want.

After explaining that the KLR in back of my truck out there just came from Ouray Colorado where it was dying on the high passes and smoking like a diesel, the guy's whole focus became getting that bike taken care of so I could ride some trails around Moab.

We grabbed a 14 sprocket off the shelf, he opens his garage/shop and starts gathering up tools to change the sprocket. We spent the next while visiting about our common past and fixing that bike. The guy is a genuine pleasure to work with.

After that, he grabs up a bunch of maps and starts showing me some choice trails to ride and making sure I didn't get in over my head out there. Oh...and charged me about half what the sprocket was marked...total.

I mean, what more could anyone ask. It was just another case of motorcycle riders doing for each other. All I could do was offer the guy a place to stay if he ever heads this way to ride the Texas Hill Country. I'd heard some folks say this guy stood out from the crowd when they needed some obscure part or advice about their bike but...nuff said.

Thanks for the reminder. I was needing a few goodies for my KLR, so I just tossed them an order.

Excellent post, RG. :clap:

Refreshing also - it counter-balances at least 5 of the tedious whine and cheeze threads where folks have pined about shop service and/or their staff.

Moab is a day's ride from here. I've had occasion to pass through but never heard of this place. I'll look them up next time I need some stuff. ;-)

Back