• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Boot question

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Walker
I am about to buy my first pair of mx style of riding boot and was wondering if they tend to run pretty close to regular shoe sizes? Here where I live there are not many places that sell riding gear and what is sold is mainly for street riding so I don't have the ability to try on boots to see what size actually fits. I will have to buy on-line and hope I make the right size choice. Any advice on fitment would be appreciated.:confused:

From the boots I've tried on, most run fairly true to size.
I'm a 13 in most regular shoes, in Thor, Fox, and Oneil I'm a 13.
In my Alpinestars I'm a 12.

I ordered a pair of alpinestars Tech3's last year. I went and tried them on first and they fit pretty tru to your regular shoe size to possible 1/2 size larger.

Buy from Rocky Mountain ATV. They have a fitment guarantee and you get free shipping for your first exchange.

_

Buy from Rocky Mountain ATV. They have a fitment guarantee and you get free shipping for your first exchange.

_

That is awesome! A BIG reason I don't order stuff like boots online is exactly because of the fitment issue. I am thinking new boots are in the near future so I will definitely keep this in mind! Thanks!

Just bought a pair of Fox Comp5 from Cowboy Honda in Beaumont. The service was good and the price was the same as the internet. This was my first MX boot. They ran the same size as my street boots.

Make sure you Don't buy MX boots! They have smooth soles in most cases. Get ATV or Enduro/offroad boots. Buy quality, crutches make your arms hurt! :doh:

I'm a big fan of alpinestars, a little pricey, but I bought my tech 8s well used and they lasted me a long time still.
I'm in need of another pair of boots and I'll likely buy another pair of alpinestars.

I have Gaerne SG12 boots. I typically wear an 11 but these boots ran a little small but the 12's fit well. Very stiff boot not good for walking but I don't really care. No ankles = no way to make a living. :eek2:

My A-stars street boots are size 48. I wear a 13 mostly, sometimes 14 in casual shoes. Got them at Cycle Gear. They ship to the store and I tried them on there. They fit right so I took them home. Cycle Gear in Austin is about 20 miles from my house, makes it easy, and they give a 10% discount for police/fire/military.

:tab Anyone have crash test reports for their boots?

:tab I have a VERY sore ankle/foot right now after low siding the KTM and having it land on my left foot (the one that already has screws in it from hitting that deer a few years ago...:doh:). The foot was really bruised across the width of the foot at the base of the toes, like the boot did not prevent side to side crushing. Also bruised along the outside base of the foot and under the ankle toward the heel. LOTS of pretty colors... :-| I'd almost like a steel toe type arrangement that prevents side to side crushing of the toes and widest part of the foot and serious anti-crushing armor in the side to side direction for the ankle, not just anti twisting protection. My SIDI's look pretty heavy duty, and I have no doubt it would have been worse without them. Walking comfort is not a high priority as I rarely do a lot of walking in the riding boots. I want serious protection!

Thanks to everyone who replyed to this thread, I have been out of the riding game for a good while and it helps to have caring people who are interested in the same activities and are willing to give advice based on personel experience. I was looking at buying a pair of the cheaper boots but decided on the mid priced Fox Comp 5 offroad boot (silsvee- I wish I had read your post alittle earlier, I didn't know Cowboy Honda sold the Fox boots, I looked at some of thier other stuff but missed the boots). I bought my boots through Chaparral Motorsports and should get them early next week. They gave me a 10% discount on Fox products and free shipping, I'll let everyone know what I think of the boots when I get them. Thanks once again.:clap::rider:

Back