• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tire Express

Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Last Name
Watson
I just purchased a front and rear Michelin Pilot Road 2 for the Concours at tireexpress.com for $250 bucks. That was at least $100 less than any in store price I could find and $30 less than any other online price I could find.

I will update y'all when they come in to let y'all know the rest of how their service is. But the price was good.

Alright. Sorry it has taken me so long to touch back on the tires.

The tires came in pretty quick, however the day they came in we had a family emergency that needed a lot of attention. However the tires are now on and I have learned two things.

1) the concours should have come stock with PR2s.
2) socket cap bolts should not be used on brake calipers. Especially when the manufacturer is not going to check the torque rating on their impact wrenches.

How come the shops over here (Oz ) want us to pay DOUBLE that ?:doh::

Have you checked into Australia's import duties? I know they used to be a lot higher than their US equivalents. And all the tire vendors probably sell much higher volume in the US than in Oz, which helps hold costs down more. Finally, exchange rate differences affect prices, too, although with the US dollar as weak as it is that might actually work in Oz's favor.

And since this particular set of tires were vcheaper than anyone else, it's possible they've been sitting in a warehouse for a long time. I wonder what the date code on them is.

Back