• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Scorpion jacket-What's this clip for?

Reaction score
Recently bought a Scorpion Commander jacket that's well made with many nice features.
I've sorted through the removable and built-in armor, the two liners, which pockets are waterproof and which are not, what all the straps do... But one item has me stumped.
There is a "clip" on the right side upper portion of the jacket. I don't have a clue as to its function. Any ideas?

Photo view is head down and looking slightly right. All the black strips are pocket or air vent zippers. The clip is open on one end. What would you risk carrying on the outside of a jacket?

Attachments

• Jacket Clip.jpg
    Jacket Clip.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 188
I bet it is for the tube from a camelbak or something like that..

For ease of access on a trip, when I have a CamelBak, I will clip my keys and a little microfiber wipe. to the shoulder-strap for my CamelBak. The keys are normally only there when I'm walking around. My drinking tube just gets stuffed under the horizontal chest strap.

Perhaps it can be used to secure the collar back while riding?

Doesn't look like it would be secure enough for a primary clip. You'll want to stick to things like carabiners for that.

::EDIT:: I'm not sure about scale, but that clip doesn't look big enough for the standard drinking tube.

I don't wear a jacket any more so can't say specifically what that particular device is for.

However, I have a pin on my vest that is a sun glass holder and has a loop as opposed to a clip like you have posted.

My guess, and only my guess, is that it was put there for you to clip something to it.

keys, ear buds, name tags, whatever.

Sorry for the sarcasm but, it's a clip, so clip something to it and ride on.

yep, for a camelback type setup.

From webbikeworld:

The XDR Commander is available in Black, Gray (shown here) and Neon. Also, the jacket has a rear pass-through for a hydration hose, along with a clip on the upper right to hold the tip of the hose in front.

Back