• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Expedition Big Bend 2.0

:tab Texas is freaking big. I don't think ONE BDR route would really be any good. Don't discount East Texas either. While it lacks some of the more impressive scenery, it does have some challenging riding, especially dependent on the weather! The problem, as you identified, is the "gaps" between the interesting areas to ride. Maybe there should be a BDR-1, BDR-2, etc,...

:tab Musquiz... "interesting adventure"... :lol2: Have you been in contact with Paul's family in recent years?

The challenge with Texas having a BDR is a lack of public backcountry lands/roads/trails. Including Mexico into a Tejas 1300 is a good idea. Also so is having regional BDRs for Texas.

Its a shame that BBRSP only has one entrance. If there was an entrance on the east side of the park, the tail end of this ride could have still been dirt.

I may try to do this route in my overland built Tacoma
F2780364-C0B1-4F89-818B-48182E85E2CC.jpeg

Back