• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Riding near Concan? Advice and routes please

mattc

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Coffin
Howdy guys. Going on a family outing for a few days to the Frio River with the in law's in a week, and would like to bring my bike if there's any good dual sport riding or (even better) dirt riding spots near by. I've ridden the 3 sisters ride on pavement a couple times.

I'm looking for suggestions for can't miss it type riding in the area. If you have routes, gps tracks, etc please share away.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I highly recommend Trailboss's hill country ride guide. Reach out to him here about purchasing.

Howdy Matt. Beware of the green slime on the low water crossings around there, it's some slick stuff. I saw a route on this forum a few years back that had some off-pavement riding, but not sure what thread it was under.

In other news; I sold that '84 CR500 to a friend who restored it.

Attachments

• 84_CR500.jpeg
    84_CR500.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 132
Lots of good riding around there. I would make a point to ride,RR 335, 336,337 even if I were riding a DS. I would also make a point to ride hackberry.

Last edited:
Looking good!

I'll watch for the slime.

Thanks for the replies folks, I'll check it out.
Howdy Matt. Beware of the green slime on the low water crossings around there, it's some slick stuff. I saw a route on this forum a few years back that had some off-pavement riding, but not sure what thread it was under.

In other news; I sold that '84 CR500 to a friend who restored it.

Looking good!

I'll watch for the slime.

Thanks for the replies folks, I'll check it out.

Matt, the slime is no joke, even for riders pf your caliber. Bite you in a heartbeat.

I've hit a few spots of green slime before, but not yet in the TX Hill country. I'll be extra cautious!

Back